cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Reminds me of The Battle of Baghdad

When two groups of contractors shot it out in the street.

http://my.firedoglake.com/phoenix/2014/05/03/get-away-with-theft-and-terrorism-be-a-white-male-conse...

"The situation at the ranch, where armed militiamen and “Patriots” are camped out, has deteriorated so badly that competing factions apparently drew weapons on one another during heated arguments.

We wrote on Wednesday about how tensions flared when a paranoid rumor of an imminent drone strike on the encampment began circulating. The team that primarily circulated the drone-strike rumor – Stewart Rhodes’ Oath Keepers – also began advising people to pull out, which sparked the wrath of militiamen.

Those militiamen voted to oust the Oath Keepers, and a couple even spoke of shooting Rhodes and his men in the back, which they deemed the proper battlefield treatment of “deserters”.

Now Rhodes has replied to their accusations in a video in which he teamed up with fellow Oath Keepers Steve Homan, Robert Casillas and Brandon Ropolla (the latter of whom are also affiliated with Mike Vanderboegh’s so-called “III Percent” movement) to attack the “nutcases” that Rhodes said have assumed control of the militia camp at the Bundy Ranch."

6 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Reminds me of The Battle of Baghdad

More than likely about a quarter of the people involved are on payroll.

Highlighted
Advisor

Yes, I figured there was proably some of that.

But also am always amused at the affinity thing whereby many people think 1) I am totally of sound mind and thus perfectly capable of making good judgment with weapons (saw every episode of The Rifleman, twice)  in any and all situations and 2). which is even scarier, and the folks spouting the right stuff are like me, so they must too.

Funny though, wish I could have thought of it. Should have borrowed one of GTO's big model aircraft and buzzed the thing.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hey, nox, it would have got their attention, but had I had anything to do about it a couple of Apache helicopters, and a couple bursts over their heads would have been a much better deterent. They all would have peed themselves and ran like h ell!!

Highlighted
Advisor

I 'spect your plane would have sufficed.

Highlighted
Advisor

I think the oath  keepers are mostly ex military and ex police.  probably not up to the latest mil tactics like the blm though, I'm sure that puts you at ease.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yes, I'm sure it would have, nox. But I would have loved seeing all these macho wannabees peeing their panty hose!! LOL!!