cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Replace SCOUTUS with a computer

To this day I have a problem wrapping my head around a judge being "conservative" or "liberal" to be labeled as such should cause a nominee to angrily withdraw themselves from consideration....but, as we know the "game" is only played by those that participate. 

Just as an example Obamacare, okay yeah yeah yeah kumbaya  "freeeee healthcare for everyone!"  I understand that on the surface, we`re all good people and want to give away free stuff.  However, Obamacare was a violation of the Commerce Clause, the government can`t force you to buy something (couldn`t be more plain than that) Justice Roberts found a very sloppy loophole by calling it a "tax" ....It`s not the God damned SCOTUS`s job to fix BAD Legislation!!!!!  Jesus Christ them stupid f`ers are crooked!

In the case of Obamacare it was tricky legislation to get it passed on a pathway to "medicare for all" but "tricky legislation" doesn`t pass muster with the law.

A super computer at the SCOTUS level, using the US Constitution as the framework would use algorithms to make decisions, taking politics and human emotion out of the equation.  There could still be human judges with their prejudices to mess things up in the circuit level. 

Just my 2¢ on this terrific Tuesday  Smiley Happy 

9 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Replace SCOUTUS with a computer

75% of voters say that coverage of preexisting conditions is very important.

I suppose the question is whether there's a few percent of voters who aren't part of the minority Orange Cult who are willing to be oblivious about the lack of a GQP alternative or even are willing to believe one of the bait and switches will actually work.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"75% of voters say that coverage of preexisting conditions is very important."  Sure, well then put that in a bill and pass it into a Constitutional law.   

See, in my Obamacare example, that was bad legislation...I understand it had to be that way to get it passed, however do we have laws and a Constitution or don`t we?  Do we pass feel good bad sh-t and rely on the courts to clean up the mess?  Apparently we do, however it isn`t what the founders envisioned.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

I am ok with those that don't believe in the rule of law being jailed and re-educated. Lot's of laws that I don't believe in personally that I obey but vote against and hope for change.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

You would make a great justice, Red.   Smiley Happy

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

To this day I have a problem wrapping my head around a judge being "conservative" or "liberal" to be labeled as such should cause a nominee to angrily withdraw themselves from consideration....but, as we know the "game" is only played by those that participate. 

Just as an example Obamacare, okay yeah yeah yeah kumbaya  "freeeee healthcare for everyone!"  I understand that on the surface, we`re all good people and want to give away free stuff.  However, Obamacare was a violation of the Commerce Clause, the government can`t force you to buy something (couldn`t be more plain than that) Justice Roberts found a very sloppy loophole by calling it a "tax" ....It`s not the God damned SCOTUS`s job to fix BAD Legislation!!!!!  Jesus Christ them stupid f`ers are crooked!

In the case of Obamacare it was tricky legislation to get it passed on a pathway to "medicare for all" but "tricky legislation" doesn`t pass muster with the law.

A super computer at the SCOTUS level, using the US Constitution as the framework would use algorithms to make decisions, taking politics and human emotion out of the equation.  There could still be human judges with their prejudices to mess things up in the circuit level. 

Just my 2¢ on this terrific Tuesday  Smiley Happy 

You think the computers would understand what a bunch of idiots dont?  That half the reason behind the constitution was to protect the minority from what was popular with the voter.   Obamacare was just that type of fascism.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Sam, I think at that highest level SCOTUS, that "last stop" emotion should be taken out and the hard logic like on your calculator were you check the square root of 144 and EVERYTIME you push the equals button it will come up "12" . None of this "today it feels like the square root of 144 should be 10". 

One side froths at the mouth and throws furniture around at a nominated jurist who everyone "just knows" is pro life or pro second amendment.  A computer would have only pure logic. 

lemerik1958
Senior Contributor

You mean like “alternative facts”?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Just a reminder about “emotions” for the F Your Feelings crowd.

Fear, anger and resentment are also emotions, even if you are too psychologically damaged to experience empathy and love.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

@BA Deere wrote:

....It`s not the God damned SCOTUS`s job to fix BAD Legislation!!!!!  Jesus Christ them stupid f`ers are crooked!

Yep - showing your good Christian values right there BA.

Have you ever heard of taking the Lord’s name in vane?   Like I said - you and the rest of your cult are the worst kind of Christians - you sing the loudest in church - like Trump, everything is just a “show”.

You spout scripture when it suits you, and use god to swear at those you hate.  Oh - that’s right, only the hateful left hates these days. 

Sure.....

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.......

Jen