cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Repubican reflections

Just musing here...but if Gov. Kasich of Ohio would be the compromise candidate...what would it take to appease the supporters of Rubio, Carson, Cruz etal to give you enough support to win in November?

And how would you handle Trump? Offer him the ambassader job to Mexico maybe?

I could see Cruz going on the Supreme Court to replace Scalia...Rubio as VP?

That ticket probably wins in November...if Trump is really all about getting a republican back in the white house and not about himself and his ego, he should be all over that.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Repubican reflections

It is going to be interesting, because I don`t see how Trump loses the nomination without having it stolen from him.  If Trump thinks he`s been robbed, it`s going to be very bitter..my advice to Republicans would be to shut up and eat their sandwich, because their party really is done for if Trump is mad and his supporters mad and to add insult to injury the new Republicans leave too.

With Kasich, I could support him if he wins the nomination fair and square but he is about a Democrat-lite.  Kasich is really what the Democrat party SHOULD be.  The real actual Democrats should be in the Soviet Union, I can`t think of a better place for `em.

Highlighted
Advisor

Trump vastly superior to any of the 3

He ain't t much but he is not: 

A) A fanatic a religious bigot, as would be the elder Cuban

B) A rabid war hawk being advised exclusively on foreign policy by the very same neoconservatives that brought you the Iraq war, as would be the other Cuban

or

C) A proponent  of fairy dust sprinkled Austrian/goldbug goofball economic theory, as would be the Chief Buckeye.

LMAO over Red's pimping Cruz for the Supreme Court.  That would require Senate confirmation and lest anyone forget what Sen. Graham said. That if someone shot and killed him on the floor of the Senate that the authorities could never get a conviction.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Trump vastly superior to any of the 3

Well you make a good point, Trump as a businessman would put the calculator to war and war doesn`t pay.  So president Trump wouldn`t be wasting money on a war because of a "dome" and the rapture theory.   And by him saying "two Corithians" that shows he isn`t comfortable "thumping".

I think once Democrats ...and some Republicans get to know Trump better, he can win them over.  Trump is a showman and his Don Rickles schtick takes awhile to warm up to for some, but it`s a harmless entertaining act when you get right down to it.

But Ted Cruz in the SCOTUS, well we had a gal that was a real stickler in the motor dept at the courthouse, she ran for an elected office and people voted for her to get her of of the motor dept and she does great in that new job Smiley Very Happy    Well, maybe it`s that way with Cruz, the senate would put him on the SC to get him out of their hair?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

If Cruz got on the SC, the first amendment will have to be rewritten!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Trump vastly superior to any of the 3

Please. STOP!  I'm laughing so hard, I can't breathe and am about to pee my pants!!!!  You are SOOOOOOOO funny!!!!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I tend to agree with your assessment of Kasich, but he may be the most conservative candidate that can actually get elected in the America we now live in. He does have a lengthly track record of fiscal restraint and of being on the right side of most of the republican positions while also having a pretty engaging personality. Even his first wife (married to her about four years...no kids....married to the present wife for about 20 years, pair of twin daughters) campaigns for him and that says quite a bit.

I would much rather have a conservative candidtate as president, no matter if he is imperfect, that having the fruitcake Sanders or the lying conniving Hillary in power. No question about it in my mind. And if Bruce feels and expresses such strong negatives towards Kasich, it is probably a pretty good litmus test that the man is top notch. I rarely have  seen a person that is so wrong on just about everything.