cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Republicans join in overriding the Constitution

our Constitution was framed buy people that I think would have been fine with citizens having the weapons of the day. In their day it was a single shot smooth bore musket. Now it's rapid fire multi shot capable rifles/pistols. In their day did they want everyone to have a 12 pound Howitzer ..... I think not. So, we citizens don't have access to those kinds of weapons either.

"Well regulated" is the key.  We don't just let anyone and everyone drive a car (legally) some break the rules but for the most part they are dealt with accordingly. Common sense regulations need to be hammered out and all sides will need to make some concessions. As you need to prove that you are responsible and able to drive a car and adhere to the various and many rules and regualtions , I don't see any differences with being able to have weapons.  In either case you are going to have bad actors and bad incidents , however, you need baselines to keep it steady and in control. 

As it stands we are in a free for all.  

Advisor

Quite likely the only defense will be to take care to stay out of the crossfire. Which of course will expand general paranoia. (See: motorcycle backfires in Times Square)

Next decade much more likely to be simply horrible rather than settled into any solutions. 

Advisor

Honored Advisor

Well with all the 12lb Howitzer mass shootings, I fully support an all out ban on Howitzers.   Smiley Happy

Fully automatic rifles are all but banned, but the military has them.  The smooth bore musket was the "assault rifle" of the day.