cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Retired city workers not happy with Obama care

@bruce MN wrote:

Labor unions don't have enough clout left in this country to get a jaywalking ordinacne passed, much less Federal legislation.

That needs to be posted in the comedy section.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I guess you know that for sure?  You jumped off a cliff before?  20 said that it was going to cost millions and then his own link said that NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT WILL COST but all you guys can do is say shiit will happen or it probably will happen or it might happen.  So tell me exactly how all you fart smellers know the future?  You only say things like this because it is what you WANT to happen but you have no way of telling right now.  Pure SPECULATION!!!!

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Snooky1953 wrote:

I guess you know that for sure?  You jumped off a cliff before?  20 said that it was going to cost millions and then his own link said that NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT WILL COST but all you guys can do is say shiit will happen or it probably will happen or it might happen.  So tell me exactly how all you fart smellers know the future?  You only say things like this because it is what you WANT to happen but you have no way of telling right now.  Pure SPECULATION!!!!

Wrong again Bart. It is the LABOR UNION who said it is going to cost millions and they want no part of it. They like THEIR plan and want to keep it, you know, just like Obama PROMISED. LMAO, can't wait until they scrap all you postal retirees over to Obama's plan. HEE, HEE, HEEEEEE

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I know what you`re saying Bruce that, some don`t like 0bamacare because "it isn`t MORE inclusive".  But that is the problem with the whole thing from the git-go, it was slopped together on a partisan basis, so liberal that is had to be watered down to even get Democrat support.

Everyone admits healthcare costs too much as it is ($100 just to say hello to a nurse practitioner at a clinic).  But let`s fix it right, look at systems that work and copy that, bring competition into healthcare.  It`s very inefficient, right now those of us with private ins or medicare only pay $11 out of $100 spent, costing shifting the bulk to employers or taxpayers.  All that stupid paperwork that goes with it. 

Let`s just defund and scrap it, back to the drawing board as they say.  Actually, 0bamacare started the whole gridlock problem that congress has, it`s pretty hard to build relationships as partisanly that 0bamacare was handled.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

I already got my 'letter' that says my plan is grandfathered in, but if I make any changes in it at all, like a change in deductable, or to add another family member to it, or remove one, that I will not be able to continue my policy.  However, if I continue to pay the policy, I can continue it.

I think that all those city workers, could continue with thier old plans, provided that they were through an insurance company and not just the city paying their healthcare, if they would pay their premiums out of pocket.
However, if the city decides to not continue their current plan, makes some change, lets it lapse, etc, many of them would never be able to get it back. 

I don't know the legalities of it all, but in some instances, Obamacare will mandate changes to the plans provided by employers, which will automatically kick them out of their 'old' plans, and into Obamacare, because they will no longer be 'grandfathered' in.  The only way to continue that plan would be for the individuals to pay the premiums themselves.  

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Bruce, maybe you missed Sarcasm 101 in eighth  grade.

I would love to see both you and 3020 take a standardized IQ test someday and to see you eat a little crow, pal.

3020 got it in one on the relative indignation of Feminazis.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Bruce, are you drinking or smoking pot? Maybe you missed the whole daycare unionization bill in Minnesota this past session.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Bart, are you going to put on a dress and change your online personna to "Sally" one of these days?

You are one weird dude.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Squeal and Repeal! What abunch of morons! You guys inclouded for being feeble minded enough to believe such nonsense!!
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You can conjecture all you want but I didn't write it. However, the link said that NO ONE knows how much it will cost! Doesn't matter if the unions or you said it, neither of you know for sure. You can only put forth your opinion. BTW, I don't have Postal service insurance. I can't wait until you have to start paying for you and your family's fines for not taking the insurance and paying for mine also! Now THAT will be funny!