cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Revolt

Were they thrown out? I kind of remember a stink about it, but I do not remember much about it. . . Which side wanted them thrown out, the 'prove your vote is eligible' side, or the 'count every vote' side? I wasn't paying much attention to politics back then, I was too busy chasing girls, LOL
Senior Contributor

Since all white people look the same to them, wouldn't it be a bummer if you were mistaken for a Republican?  I am not buying more ammo....just an Obama for President button that I will wear on the morning of the 7th in case of a Romney win.

Veteran Advisor

Re: I suspect

Young man, I get out probably WAY more than you do.  You hear these things from people you know.  I went to my wife's class reunion a couple of weeks ago in Mesa, AZ.  I didn't know anyone and she didn't remember very many until introductions were made. There were four couples at the table.  The other 3 guys all knew eachother and they statrted talking about how bad Obama is and how great rommy is going to be as president. They didn't know me from Adam.  My wife silently reached over and squeezed my leg telling me with that gesture to be quiet.  I did but was very amazed that they made comments like that and included me in their conversation but I just smiled.  I whispered to my wife, "who are these guys?" and she said "Mormons".  That explained it all.  But the arrogance that they thought I was one of them really pissed me off but I was a nice guy and kept quiet for my wife's sake.  I just drove over 14,000 miles over a 3 month period from Arizona to Wyoming, thru the midwest to Georgia, up to Massachusetts and back to Illinois.  I heard MANY conversations like the one above from rightwingers but only heard about Obama in a good way or rommy in a bad way when I was with fellow democrats that I knew.  I'm sure there will be angeron the left--especially if this storm is used as a good opportunity to mess with the voting machines and to not allow people who have lost all forms of ID when their house was floodedor blown away or burned up.

Veteran Advisor

If ballots were not filled out properlymeaning that they had to be signed by the commanding officer of the person voting absentee, it is a spoiled ballot and can not be counted.  The right wanted them counted anyway saying the military people were being disenfranchised.

Veteran Advisor

So, you never heard, nor read anything about how bad Bush has been, or how he swindled his way into the Presidency lately? I will grant you, I may hear more negative talk about Obama than Romney, but that is to be expected, as most here, mostly know about Romney when there is a debate or press release, but are reminded of, and blame ( in some ways wrongfully, but they do) Obama every time they pay a tax. If you want to hear the real nasty talk, find some Democrats, and ask them what they think of the GOP members of the Senate. It was good not to argue with the Mormans, as some of them see no wrong in anything they do. While on a whole, the ones I know are decent folk, some can get overzealous.
Veteran Advisor

OK, so were they counted, then?
Veteran Advisor

I don't know but they shouldn't have---a spoiled ballot is a spoiled ballot.

Veteran Advisor

I have heard many bad things about Obama and rommy but most of the bad things about Obama have all come from people who are complete strangers!  I would say that most of the righties on here feel that they can do no wrong and are always correct and anyone who doesn't think the same way is an ignorant lost soul to be spat upon!

Veteran Advisor

I would agree with that.

If election law, states that the ballot must be validated in a certain way, and it is not, it should not be considered 'valid'.

Senior Contributor

At least there were 3 smart people at the table...