cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Rick Perry, traitor or wannabe opportunist?

Not the long ago that "richard-head" was wanting to secede from the USA, and now he wants to be elected to the top position of the same government that he didn't want to be a part of.

How are you right wing extremists going to explain that away?????

17 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Rick Perry, traitor or wannabe opportunist?

He wants to put the union back on the right track of limited government and control of the borders.

Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

Opportunist

Perry is one of those men who knows what he wants and how he is going to get there. They way he will do it is by whipping up the base - people who don't see any problem mixing religion and politics - people who think simple ideas make for big solutions - people who think government is the entire problem - and people who are afraid and self-centered. He is no traitor, but he would indeed sacrifice anyone or any group if it gets him elected.

Perry couldn't manage the Texas budget and he sure can't manage a larger one, but then again a Governor has more responsibility in that area than does a US President and neither a Governor or a President is really in control of an economy. Perry was the first to cut education in Texas since 1949. I am sure he wants to do away with public schools. Perry claims to have balanced the Texas budget, but there is still a $10 billion shortfall every biennium. He likes to give the appearance that he is a great financial manager, but a close look at the numbers reveals other things such as his switch from taxing business profit to gross margin taxation, leaving Texas businessmen to turn to accountants and scratch their heads over what to do. Companies that lost money could still find themselves on the hook for taxes.

That's all OK though, he will shout about immigration, homosexuality, cutting taxes, private schools, claim the only good government is no government and pick on those who have little to no influence on society. It will be a grand scheme that will be like music to conservative ears - the perfect tune; simple, with the message get government out of the way and you will be better off. The heck with reality or real world problems.

A single fiddle is easier to understand than a whole orchestra, even if the tune is off. Most folks just don't have that good of an ear.

Senior Contributor

Straight from the republican party network

Later, answering news reporters' questions, Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union, though he said he sees no reason why Texas should do that.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/15/governor-says-texans-want-secede-union-probably-wont#ixzz...

That mope makes W Bush look like he's clever. Way to go again, you folks on the right wing have to be beyond fanatical and look who answers the call. He's got a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected too, because independents don't like people/politicos that constantly and consistently blow the dog-whistle to the right wing extremists.

Veteran Advisor

Majority Rules

and I think that if a better alternative than Perry does not emerge, he will be the Republican standard bearer for the 2012 election, and a majority of Americans will echo his feelings and vote to secede from the Obama States of America.

Hard to clone a better match against the big 0 than this Richard Perry guy....seems to have stirred up quite a hornets nest with the liberal faithful, and should do very well with the independents, ala a Ronald Reagan.

My 82 year old mother saw him on TV and said, wow, he looks like Reagan.

Maybe he is another Peter Sellers empty suit, like in the movie Being There, but my prediction is that you had best get ready for four to eight years of his drawl, Texas swagger, and simple jargon cause whether you see it or not, the guy will probably ride his Texas horse right into the white house.

And make no mistake about it, Perry is not a GW Bush...the guy actually served his time in the military, got callouses on his hands working the cotton farm with his father, and is even a church going eagle scout.

Good lord, he even was a democrat for most of his life, until he saw the light. What better guy to lead the wavering democratic lights back to the right path?

Unless the liberals can come up with  a Jennifer Flowers, Monica Lewdwinsky, and /or that black Atlanta newslady with the son that looks like BIll Clinton, something to derail his values campaign.... get ready to hear the train whistle as Perrry rolls over Obama.

Senior Contributor

Re: Opportunist

Knapper, you brought up some very good points and they're all valid too. But, anybody that willingly acts that goofy to get and keep the attention of the mouth-breathers shouldn't and thankfully won't, get elected.

Senior Contributor

Re: Majority Rules, yes and independents are the majority

Go figure that you're one of his bootlickers, as even Helen Keller could have seen that coming.

Is that teabagger circle-jerk that boring????

Senior Advisor

Re: Majority Rules, yes and independents are the majority

I don't know enough about Perry yet to be able to support him. What I like is the way the libs heads explode everytime he is mentioned. Their main argument against him is he is from the same state as Bush and that he is a Christian. I'm not from Texas but I am also a Christian. The repub I won't vote for is Romney. He is too big of a spender. He is more like Bush.

Veteran Advisor

Irony

The way the liberal faithful are up in arms against this guy, an accomplished politician, is amusing. And I bet a significant amount of wives married to liberal blow-hards like you, Tom, and Kraft, and GTO, and Bart, and Bruce, etal, etc.  are going to give Perry a second look no matter what they say to their husbands. Just because they like the way he talks and how good he looks in a suit. Oh, and they are hoping for change, too.

Come on...criticzing the guy because he flew a cargo plane and wasn't really a Top Gun fighter pilot? How lame is that.

And Tom, you really should not drink so much and come on forums when you are so gross...everything on the internet is recorded in some form, and is that the type of legacy you really want to leave behind you?