cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
7 Replies
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Rigging?

For a country that is touted as the best democracy there seems to be a lot of undemocratic things about the way your elections are conducted.

From wierd ridings that snake all over rather than cover an area with regular borders to voter ID laws that make it hard for some groups of people to be able to vote.

Now evidence of government employees rigging polling stations to impact turnout.

Then there is the situation of judges having to win a popularity contest rather than show they have the knowledge of the law needed to hold a trial.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Are you saying our elections are rigged?  Will Hillary accept the outcome if she loses?

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

They were not prepared for early voting. I'd not call it rigging. I would call it being unprepared. Rigging is like adjusting the precincts to the favor of one party of the other (gerrymandering) or insisting on voter ID laws when the Judicial has shot them down time after time. That has been done with the full support and parcipation from the GOP on an almost national basis. They are the rigging kings, yet they call the kettle black with no proof.

bruce MN
Advisor

The question mark was there to indicate sarcasm.

You are responding with exactly the point that I was going to make to 30 so won't.

The big election news every cycle, particularly heated up since 2010, is intentional structural voter repression in places where RW elements control the process.

Proven and convicted fraudulent  ballots are ..00something out of 10s of billions of votes over time.  States, counties and precincts all over Red America have turned repression into an art form.

Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

Every year the electoral college reaffirms that the U.S. is not a democracy; it is a republic.

Early voting should be availble to all.  Voting period should be available to all.  That's the end of that.

Now, who is "all"?  Anyone who walks up and says I'm a US citizen?  We have to prove citizenship and other bona fides for many things.  Why should people get a pass on voting?  Is voting like a stop sign?  Kinda applies to the next guy but not you?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Rigging is granting amnesty to 750,000 ILLEGAL aliens to they can be used to get out the vote. Rigging is using the IRS to shut down your competition's funding while looking the other way when it comes to your funding.

bruce MN
Advisor

Candidates release and strongly encourage supporters

https://www.johnsonweld.com/statement_by_gov_bill_weld_regarding_the_final_weeks_election

Do you suppose this "fix" has been in from the beginning?