cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Romeny the coward

Hard telling where that picture came from but if it is of recent origin and given the advanced state of developement you'd assume that it was done to save the life of the mother as there are very few places that will do late stage abortions even in the few places where they are legal.

A terrible decision that couples and medical personnel have to make. Or not make, either way.

BTW, I was thinking about the piece that johnaa posted about the Klan in Colorado and the quote from a recruiter that the availability of abortion on demand and the existential threat it poses to the white race was a popular draw for them.

Interesting that it seems to be a topic that works for demagogues of all sorts of stripes even when it makes no sense.

Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

Hard telling where that picture came from but if it is of recent origin and given the advanced state of developement you'd assume that it was done to save the life of the mother as there are very few places that will do late stage abortions even in the few places where they are legal.

A terrible decision that couples and medical personnel have to make. Or not make, either way.

BTW, I was thinking about the piece that johnaa posted about the Klan in Colorado and the quote from a recruiter that the availability of abortion on demand and the existential threat it poses to the white race was a popular draw for them.

Interesting that it seems to be a topic that works for demagogues of all sorts of stripes even when it makes no sense.

You're the one who invoked taliban. Life is cheap when it comes to choice. I'm sure all of these mothers had to be saved.

Senior Contributor

my my what a grand charatreration of me from the draft comment to the farm welfare programs  This is not a feeling of granduer  as you say but from my standpoint is giving back and not being a taker.   Tell me what have you gave back to this country?    There is a lot of talk of makers and takers  which catogory do do farmer belong ? remember you just  got a check call DP for no reason other than farming listed on tax forms, are you ataker when it comes to crop ins and who is stuck with bill....CRP a program designed to give farmers a ROI any piece of ground they can't row crop.  conservation programs in which taxpayer pick most if not all of costs.  The past vote comment is of no value its the past over and done its today voting is what counts.  Its very clear you vote repub regardless of what a candidate claim to support.  its clear you vote party more than anything.   Just look at the people running we have President that in my  opinuin hasn't measured up by my standards but you have to consider the  what he was up against afilibustering senate.    I think he should have been stronger. Than the other candidate who wants my vote by telling me he will on taxes reform close loopholes etc but refuses to state which and for whom .  He talks fo cutting spending but  which ones He talks of spending more on defense while cutting progams for vets (Ryan plan)    His"s campagn is built on trust me  elect me then I tell you. my plans.   That would be like a farmer asking a landlord I want to rent your land,.... landlord says great just work it up plant then we will talk about the rent      I think we have to many party voters than real  informed voters      How was your crops around here not good the crop ins ofices  are busy handing out taxpayer backed checks    ts all about the welfare state

Honored Advisor

That`s what Pelosi said about Obamacare, `we have to pass it to find out what`s in it` http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU you liberals didn`t seem to have a problem with that.  Look I`ve always said the next president will have to make the toughest choices of any of the previous presidents and yes probably break a "no new taxes pledge".  I`m not a Grover Norquist fan, if we could get substancial spending cuts, I would have no problem in going back to Clinton era tax rates...for EVERYONE. But to get elected by conservatives that have been ruffed up in getting their taxes raised but no spending cuts have to be lied to, if you will to get elected.  If Mitt has to raise taxes along with spending cuts to get our house in order, I won`t hold that against him.  As far as farm subsidies, this was the last payments...they are done, kaput.  I know I know "crop insurance subsidies!!!!!!!!!!!".  It`s like this Hobby, in August my Ins man had a meeting and he said "You all are going to have a claim this year"  well I farm heavier ground than most beans were 48 close to 60 corn was 150 up to 190s...I didn`t have a claim.  If the crop ins subsidy goes away, I probably will drop it and go uninsured.  This was the driest year I`ve ever seen and to get those yields?? it was the best year of my life in farming.   Here`s what those of you in the uber-anti subsidy crowd don`t understand...I don`t need insurance ..fine take it away, then I will have saved the premieum that I shelled out in the driest yr since the 30`s.  Here`s the kicker crop insurance encourages those that farm on the fringe of the corn belt to plant ground that should really be in grass with cattle.  You take away cheap insurance, you will not get 95 million acres of corn planted, you won`t even get 85 million acres...no one will take the risk if they have to pay over $100/acre in insurance.  What will 10 million LESS acres of corn do to the price??  To the Moon Alice to the Moon!!   Then the consumers will pay through the snoot at the supermarket.  so, gov`t subsidies really are a "cheap food policy".  What was the old Fram oil filter commercial? .."You can pay a little now, or a whole lot more later".

Senior Contributor

ba,   how many arces are going to that subsidied worthless ethanol crap?   We picking up corn acres at expense of wheat acres, western ends states are dumping wheat for the better crop insured  corn. it won't be long before we loose our world wheat customers   Some are expressing discuss to loss' of a wheat supplier   this just one of the prices we paying with these welfare farm programs   

Veteran Advisor

The Senate didn't filibuster anything.
Honored Advisor

Ethanol lowers gasoline prices by $1.09/gallon http://www.ethanolrfa.org/news/entry/ethanol-industry-touts-lower-gas-prices-at-the-pump-with-new-op...  more recent studies have found it to be a $1.50/gallon savings.   10% Ethanol is a good product, it`s needed for a safe gasoline oxygenate.  We can probably agree about E85 maybe not being a good idea at this time, but consider when ethanol came on the scene in a major way in the last 10yrs.  Corn was $1.40 (even you were in the program at that time Smiley Wink) gas was around 2 bucks, the only money that kept farmers out of the red was the subsidy checks, that was their profit to buy groceries with.  Oil coming from the M.E. hurt own balance of trade, even if just 10% of our fuel was home grown that was 10% that wasn`t going to people that want to kill us. And if you remember going up to the "Cities" in the 70`s and 80`s all the smog and dirty haze up there...now when Minnesota has everyone burning Ethanol the air is so much cleaner, that alone has to help keep everyone healthier.  Of course with this "clean air" I no longer get "free sulfur" and have to add that to my fertilizer mix Smiley Sad 

Senior Contributor

Are you saying there was a constant threat of fillibusters  

Senior Contributor

ba, you best do more research on your beloved ethanol....your source is on the bisa side.

Veteran Advisor

Why can't those that can't make it without a subsidy just go bankrupt and let someone who can take over?  Isn't that what the mit says about the auto industry and a lot of you rightwingers said that about a lot of businesses.  If you can't make it with a business, go bankrupt and let someone else do it.