cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Romney 2016?

Smiley Happy   in my opinion there is too much overlap of Romney and Bush, so unless a stingray zapps Jeb in the chest, Romney will stay out of it.  Eleanor Rodham Clift predicted Rand Paul is the next Republican to drop out, probably alot of them will drop out with most of their support going to Jeb by proxy.  Trump will top out at 40ish% and Jeb will be about the same with Ted Cruz and liberal`s darling Kasich picking up the rest.  I could see trump doing the math and to everyone`s surprise dropping out around super Tuesday.  Anyway, just some predictions, I could be wrong.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

I would put Romney 1 or 2 on my list if he did run, but I don't see it happening.  I am not on the Trump bandwagon, to much like President Obama, a couple of example's - he's a rock star & he's very divisive.  Obviously he would be a better President then Obama, but that is a very low bar.  I have Kasich, Fiorina, Rubio & Christi as my top 4 right now, however I have no idea how it will play out.

However, since we voted for a far left candidate over 2 moderate right candidates in the last 2 elections, I can definitely see why Republians do not want to put up another moderate right candidate.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Don`t worry Edmund, it won`t be trump...you can pick any Republican that you want as long as your choice is Jeb Bush Smiley Very Happy  

Chris Wallace interviewed Bush this morning and he comes across as confident and the adult in the room.  He`s the Bilderberg choice and I am 180º from him on immigration, but since he is our pick.  the best we can hope for is we keep the same sensible people in congress like Steve King and pick up a few more seats in the senate to keep Bush in line. 

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

if somehow Romney could be made into a traditional Protestant Christian, devoid of the 13% tax rates (or less. in some years)...without the half billion dollar IRA, the off shore accounts, the affected air that he carries himself with, he would, or would have, made a great president. the guy is very intelligent, very much a leader, and has proven himself time and again.

Now he is a little long in the tooth, but the real question is where are all the Midwestern Romney types that would fit the bill, be easily electable, etc?

Why do we end up with total fruitloops?

Is it because the people of that calibre make much more than the president's salary on top of the table in their CEO positions, and are too honest to become a Clinton, a Harry Reid, etc???

And even with his warts, and his age, I would still place Mitt Romney at the top of this current field of dwarfs. Like Boris said....was there ever a guy that looked more like a President than Romney??

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Mitt Romney is out of central casting to play the part of a president.  Barry Obama is going to be gray like Morgan Freeman before his gig is up. And we all know if Morgan Freeman plays the president in a flick, it`s a disaster movie.  

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Happy