cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Romney/Paul 2012? hmmmm

Rand Paul this is! As Vice President!  OOO Baby this is pure gold! Check it...Mitt asks Rand Paul to be his VP, then the oldman Paul has to throw his support to Romney!  What does RP get out of this?  Well, his message gets out, speak at the Republican convention, have say in the platform and his son gets a kick start for his career.  I got the idea from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdlmCPSEsks  I hope a big shots in the Romney campaign is lurking on here, because this is big!  Mitt can start picking out window drapes for the White House with the support of all Ron Pauls people, even Bruce would vote for Romney. This is Big!! Smiley Very Happy

12 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Romney/Paul 2012? hmmmm

Wouldn't vote for Romney if Christ or Ghandi was on the ticket.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Bruce, on a more serious note I think the Republicans will have to throw a bone with some meat on it to the Libertarian wing, they are too important and could amount to a 20% vote.  It`s always kind of been that R`s and D`s both have a soild 40% and they fight for the other 20%.  Well this year for some reason that 20% is looking hard at the Repubs, and Rush Limbaugh etal need to shut their mouths on running down Ron Paul.  Everytime Rush runs a goofy commercial making a fool out of Paul I hear feet running out the Repub door. Repubs have a golden opportunity with Paul.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

agree 100% with your post, BA

toughguy189
Veteran Contributor

You couldn't pay me enough to vote for Romney.   He is the same as what we have in the White House at the moment, just another status quo "moderate".  Rand Paul should stay in the senate and continue to actually have an influence on bills, let some RINO like Lindsey graham be Mitt's VP.  If you want to continue down the same path of destruction we are headed vot Romney, otherwise vote Ron Paul for real change in the White House.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

What has rand Paul done to impress you? Just asking.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Rand Paul and I are nearly hand in glove on the issues  http://www.issues2000.org/senate/Rand_Paul.htm   I really think RP is too old for the job of president and was just running to get his message out.  Ron is probably the most surprised of anyone of his success in this latest run.  Rand has only been in office a year year now, a minority member of a do nothing Senate and a hostile White House.   I see big things for him and Rand would be the sweet to Mitt`s sour, the yin to Romney`s yang.  The Republicans are going to have to qwell Mitt`s liberal past with a near polar opposite running mate, Rand fits the bill.   

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Don: "What has rand Paul done to impress you? Just asking."

Don, could one not also ask the same question of Obama before the 08 election?

After watching the Repub candidates beat themselves up the last couple of months I'm thinking now that Obama's lack of record worked out well for him in 08 as he had no real political historical record for his detractors to comb through and try to find something to use against him.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Toughguy, here`s the real thing with a president, he has to represent the whole country.  Now, RP at a debate will say "Let`s stop wars and end foreign aide" and 1/3 of the audience will stand and cheer and scream their heads off.  Newt Gingrich, in front of the same audience will say "The second day I`m in office I`ll bomb Iran and send your sons and daughters over to fight" and 1/3 of the crowd will stand and cheer and scream their heads off. You name the issue abortion? healthcare? it`s the same we have a divided country. Mitt did favor abortion, he claims to have had a awakening and is saying as president he opposes abortion, it comes down to if you believe that he changed.  As far as I know he has just changed his mind one time on all these issues and right now is on the correct side.  Mitt has the experience to grow the economy in the flawed system that we have, he knows which switch to jiggle and what parts need duct taped. Ron Paul is too absolute to win a national election, you would want him to be your surgeon or date your daughter but his frankness turns too many people off.  In my heart of hearts the country needs to suffer and hit rock bottom before we can even contemplate actually fixing things permanently.  

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Do you think he would have wide spread support across the electorate? I don't know of anything of note he has done.