cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

SEE

http://community.agriculture.com/t5/Ag-Forum/On-taxation-let-s-suppose/m-p/156363

A different form, but all the same...................

Honored Advisor

Re: Romney could be the easiest for Obama to beat.

Hey Papa Wheelie.   Mitt Romney /Bain Capital had tough decisions to make to keep companies viable.  Companies were brought to the brink of destruction by the overreach of Greedy unions, these unions just plum asked for too much and brought down the company in the process.  This is always the way it goes Papa, these juveniles destroy and the grownups(Mitt) have to come in and make the tough choices or the whole capitalistic system goes under.  I know it isn`t popular, but the grownups at the party see that it`s out of control and have to click the lights, take away the beer keg and announce that the cops are on the way or the entire house will be ruined.  I can tell you what the problem is, unfettered free-trade, it`s all we can do to for our own country , but to prop up the rest of the world like we`ve been doing is strictly a sundown opperation.  However, Romney/Bain had to opperate within in those perametors of a flawed system.

Advisor

One thing's for sure.  You are devoting significant time to the study material.  Getting all that to square up is at the very least 300 level physics.  

Gotta hand it to ya'.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Here's the playing field for the election BA

I believe I have seen or at least read where you guys have said or shown that MOST of the taxes are paid by the top 1% and that 49% of the pop. don't pay anything.  Why shouldn't the top 1% pay the most taxes?  They earn the most money.  All anyone is saying is that in these times perhaps they are most able to kick in at least what their tax bracket says they should and not less than the average middle income folks.

Honored Advisor

Re: Here's the playing field for the election BA

Bruce, here`s the thing ALL the incomes on your bar graph had growth, even the lowest quintile had growth.  Here`s the question why does your graph not include the income growth under the past 3 yrs of 0bama?   The top 1% made their money in the stock market and jobs associated with that.  It`s like a baseball player, if on average he hits the ball just a few more times he gets $millions in a contract, but if his batting average is a minute less he`ll be off the team.  My prediction is that Romney will beat 0bama.  0bama can not run on his record, those in the lowest Quintile of income are living out of our local food bank..shoot even those in the Middle Quintile visit the food bank and have their kids on reduced school lunches..It`s bad out there under 0bama. 

Senior Contributor

Re: SEE

I just love a POOR Iowa hayseed, who has to cheat people that trusted him, can have the stupidity to believe the horse $hit, the Golden Boy bleets. Craigo, you have got to be concidered one of the 1% in this country, not for your weath, but because of your tremendous ignorance.

Advisor

It's called bloviating. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Blovated He has a enormous supply of information in his repository.

Re: SEE

When I lay me down to sleep and take moral inventory of myself I do run through the checklists of the seven deadly sins from time to time, including envy.  I'm somewhat prone to that but have meditated deeply on the matter- I am much more subject to the sin of pride.  Throw in a little sloth and gluttony on the side. Lust not too much lately although the devil is with us always and yesterday I was on a stepper at the Y for half an hour behind a nice young thing in yoga pants.

But as to the Politics of Envy, which Bill O'Reilly has added to the front of the list, I have a remarkably clear conscience.

So that pitch isn't going to work on me.

PS: anyone who has farmed or lived in a farming community knows that envy is the motive force of all things. That is a fact but something that everyone needs to come to terms with in their own way, including choosing not to.

Honored Advisor

I had a cow that was once bloviated on silage, I saved her with my pocket knife.

Senior Contributor

Sorry you are mistaken

Bain raided the pension fund, lied about what they were doing as they took loans and left the taxpayers to try and clean up the mess.

They were not trying to keep companies viable, rather they were gutting businesses which had proven viable enough to begin a turnaround and scamming banks for loans.

There were venture capitalists who came in and took over ailing companies and made them profitable before they resold them. Bain was never one of these.

The steel companies themselves were as much, if not more, responsible for their own downfall by thinking they were too big to fail. They lined their pockets with money which should have been used, and was suggested by the union, to upgrade their infrastructure. When they went non-union opening plants in the South, they lost even more money than in the union shops.

Bain will be Romney's Waterloo.