cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Romney

Yes I will give him credit. The thing I noticed he wants "combine" departments, Never said a word about getting rid of any body. I want to see departments eliminated and their powers gone for ever. I also noticed the departments he wants to combine are the ones friendly to business. I will gladly support their elimination if we also eliminate some like energy and education.

johnaa
Advisor

Streamlining, I imagine they will "improve' things much as Cheney did in reorganizing --"Homeland Security"

bruce MN
Advisor

That's my fear also.  More HLs's.  That was a merging of departments and functions and gives new meaning to the term cluster####.

Toughest part will be getting rid of people.  Hard to fire (Mitt?) someobdy unless entire functions are eliminated and departments scuttled, rather than merged.

If it happens it will take time.  Mostly likey method of downsizing is not replacing retirees, but then it's being said that many who were going to retire between 55-62 are planning to stick around a while.  Not just in government. 

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

I would think you would favor Paul's views to stop using U.S. tax payer's money to  bribe and prop up foreign leaders and try to influence their county's positions.   One would think you would favor Paul's belief that the U.S. should not be running around trying to play the policeman for the entire world and that we should close many of the roughly 1000 military bases we have in other countries.   Do you not agree with Paul that we should bring home U.S. troops and cut defense spending?  Paul is th only candidate in either party warning against saber rattling with Iran over their nuclear program.   Paul favors dialogue over force.

I find it hypocritical you should  suggest the GOP's normal pattern of governing the world is now in question.  You never mumbled a bleat when Bush invaded somewhereistan because he was YOUR man, everything is cool and OK by you.  Now the blackfella inherited the debt, 2 wars and throw in a GFC to boot and you feel something should be done about it.  Ron Paul would no doubt have some dementure at his age, which should tell you why he wants to be president.  If he is promoted to POTUS he will do no more than the rest of the govenment let him.  If you think he will change this overnight, you live in a dream.  Ron Paul is yesterdays man and his best years were 3 decades ago.  He is a nothing and will do the same.  If you want another 4 years of do nothing he is your man but I suppose you will get a warm fuzzy feeling in the guts because YOUR man is there.

Paul favors dialogue over force.   -   Oh yeah.   Negotiating with Iran would be like arguing with a stirred up rattlesnake.  Get real.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Yo! BA

Hey Bruce, I don`t deplore any of those sites, my critique is there are some on here and "real life" as well that have zero critical thinking skills, if a "Huffington Post" doesn`t give their official okey-dokey, some folks will cover their ears and hum not wanting to go "off script".  There is "Gold" in the Zero Hedge site and the others but there`s also all of crap, bottomline you need to discern the grain from the tares with your own thinking.  I had never heard of Simon Johnson and yes he would be better than Geithner.  After a short search on him, he`s not a fan of the gold backed currency and "ending the Fed", which is no surprise having been a big shot in the IMF.  He told Rachal Madow that the Obama $900 Billion stimulus should have went to community colleges(perhaps?) and paying teachers even moreSmiley Surprised  Our current economic mess is like a lung cancer patient with only one patically working lung that refuses to quit his 2 pack a day habit.  As a doctor what do you do? Perhaps a Dr Romney could massage a gradual change in thinking?  The very fact that Ron Paul isn`t +80%  tells you the the patient isn`t ready to quit smoking.  3020 says things will only get worse at a slower rate under Romney, true...but that sounds awfully good to me at this juncture.  

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Gough: "I find it hypocritical you should  suggest the GOP's normal pattern of governing the world is now in question."

Please explain how Obama has been any different in this regard then his predecessor?   I give him credit for trying to calm the ruffled feathers of some governments and his attempts to improve our country's image abroad but Obama has pretty much continued the Bush military and foreign policy doctrine.  You talk about Ron Paul making changes over night which is something I have never stated nor believe in.  However I am not dumb enough to continue believing the Obama's promise of "change" that had me favoring him over McCain in 08.  Look at Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, GITMO, the continuation of the Patriot Act, the continued detainment of terrorist suspects, the decision to now not try these people in civilian courts, and now the National Defense Authorization Act recently signed by Obama which gives our military the right detain American terrorist suspects on American soil indefinitely.

I'm positive if Paul is elected that there will be many things he favors that will never be enacted.  However I am now positive as to where Obama stands and his lack of guts to go against the status quo.  You talk about if Paul is elected POTUS that he will do no more than the rest of the govenment let him.  Please explain how you believe Obama has done in this regard and how he has been any different then you feel Paul will be limited to? 

It is my hope that at his age that Ron Paul will not be as concerned about winning re-election as Obama and others and will not be as worried about ruffling up some feathers and going against the old guard.   In this regard I think Paul's age is a positive as opposed to a negative as you state.

Paul has long called for an investiagtion and audit of the fed which if you were an American and followed what the fed has been up to then you would welcome such an audit and investigation.   Show where Obama and his Wall Street banker advisers have been on this issue?

Gough and GTO, you two guys like many die hard Repubs and see it all about Dems verse Repubs.   I simply want the best man for the job of president no matter which party they belong to.  I gave Obama a chance and he has greatly disappointed me so it is very easy for me to decide it is time to give Paul a chance.

I believe our the biggest threat to our country is our national debt, the financial crisis and the economy.   You would have a very hard time convincing me and many others that Obama has made improvements on those issues and it appears to me that Ron Paul is better suited to take on those problems then Obama or the other Repub candidates.

Gough, I'm curious if all the elderly down under are treated with so little respect as you show to Paul?  I know several folks older then Ron Paul whom are still very bright, intelligent and have a much better understanding of important matters then you seem to show.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

o continue believing the Obama's promise of "change" that had me favoring him over McCain in 08.  - BS.  You have never voted dem in your life.

Gough, I'm curious if all the elderly down under are treated with so little respect as you show to Paul?  I know several folks older then Ron Paul whom are still very bright, intelligent and have a much better understanding of important matters then you seem to show.   -  Stop being so childish.  Older people are not quite as experienced and intellegent as you may think, even in this case where you want him to represent you. So much of their thinking is based on earlier life experiences which are not totally relelvent to todays way of operation. Nothing is more responsible for lies than a bad memory.  Ignoring the rubbish he is telling eveyone is foolish to believe it but apparently you have gone in hook, line and sinker.  Good luck.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Gough: "BS.  You have never voted dem in your life."

I'm thinking I know a tad better the you who I have voted for in the past and you are once again 100% wrong but don't let that stop as it has never done before.

So having more life experiences are a bad thing to you and does not help make a person wiser?   That helps explain a little better some of your puzzling posts.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

I'm thinking I know a tad better the you who I have voted for in the past and you are once again 100% wrong but don't let that stop as it has never done before.           Just be careful you nose doesn't get too long.

As for respect for your elders.  For some unknown reason it is habitual for a person who attains old age, to automatically demand respect. If you respect them for being your parents, that is OK.  To respect Ron Paul because he stands for your cause, is not justification for the respect you are talking about.  Paul is an opportunists as he thinks Obama will be a pushover and has come in for the kill.  He is dead meat and will not make the second cut so be happy your vote is wasted.   On a pro rata basis, there is just as many hopeless fools in their old age as young ones.  When someone dies, they also instantly become a fantastic person.  If he was a pr-ck when he was alive, he is a pr-ck now he is dead.  Ron Paul is bleating all the right things for the wavering repigs like yourself.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Paul might be a lot of things but opportunist is not one of them.