cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Romney

Bruce. These fellows seem to think that we get everything off of one liberal blog or another. What they forget is that we personally lived and experienced Reaganomics and the doubling of the national debt. The war declared on labor and now their shocked that labor cannot pay for all of government.

I seldom read any liberal blog but i do have a great BS detector and i have heard too many of their claims too many times. Those of us that lived through those times know the promises that were made and the results of them. We don't need anyone to tell us how great supply side economic work. We know from experience and that is the best teacher of all.

Advisor

I don't know who  or what some of those that you list are. But that aside, what was scripted in the post you are responding to here?

It's a documentation of,  as Don says so very well,  what I  (we) saw happen and of how it affected millions of people's lives.  I only ever get enthused enough about somebody elses writing to link it if I feel it substantiates something that I instincltively feel.  The press and the blogosphere are becoming a bit more astute not so much to how things are but how they came to be so, albeit in slow motion. 

Who is the party here that  you are refering to who "comes along with honest facts"?

John is the real deal.  He's relentless and deeply consistent in his approach to matters that he cares passionately about..  That's really difficult not to appreciate, but you have obviously found a way.

Honored Advisor

I`m just merely commenting on your not so thinly veiled put down that "conventional wisdom" is some how sub par.  If you and Don have lived in the real world surely you can appreciate the anger amongst the Traditionalists at the direction the Democrats have taken this country.  I read on here that "Mitt will be like Bush the 3rd" ect, well that is the best that we can elect in this country at this time and that is sad.  So here`s the question: If the Republicans stuck it to the banksters, raised taxes, audited the Fed and all that good stuff would you then vote for them?  Or still write them off as "thumpers"?  My guess is the later, you guys like 0bama and your only problem with him is that he hasn`t been more assertive.  I`ll tell you right out this country`s mess isn`t  going to be corrected until the people are ready and demand it, and I don`t mean this goofy OWS crap either.  BTW If "John is the real deal" why does he have to resort to unprovoked insults at those of us that disagree or merely question his rhetoric? 

Senior Advisor

Yes I can appreciate the anger but the only thing dems have done is to win the presidency. You have declared war on Obama and you expect an unconditional surrender.

Don't be so sure that we like Obama. It's just that the alternative is unacceptable. The garbage Romney tosses about is only exceed by the garbage you toss out. Your either historically or intentionally inaccurate.

Why does John respond as he does. Perhaps he is weary of the nasty incoming and probably tired of explaining why you are wrong. It's hopeless to pound anything into your thick skull but he hates to let your drivel stand unchallenged.

I can understand why you think little of OWS. Because they have the gall to think government should not be influenced with corporate money. That working people deserve the promise of America and they shouldn't have to pay the price for corruption in the financial markets. Your disdain for OWS in indicative of your disdain for those that aren't.participating in prosperity.

Only the rich or businesses deserve respect. Those working folks are merely peasants that should be serving the needs of the affluent at low cost. God help them if they want a voice in the political arena.

Advisor

You ask:

"If the Republicans stuck it to the banksters, raised taxes, audited the Fed and all that good stuff would you then vote for them?"

If it appeared that they offered the best opportunity for that to happen, most asuredly.  Ask me again when that comes to be. I'll take a picture of my ballot before I seal it and send it to you.

You seem to believe that we (don and I in this particular case as that is who you've indicted) have some fascination with a particular political figure, namely the President.  I suppose it has to be that way with you, as you can see no tother reason there ever may have been for voting for him, much less supporting him in his difficult job.  That vote was one of the biggest no brainers I've ever cast and it had almost nothing to do with him.  The oppostion party had just put the frosting on the cake of 30 years of severe economic and cultural carnage creation.  I'd have shot myself before voting for a ticket with a neoconservative hand picked VP having been forced upon what was a pretty good nominee for President.  Could have voted for John McCain with one more somewhat like him on the ticket, as I have for numerous...nay, many...Republicans for the State and U.S. Senate, Minnesota Governor and State Rep. 

But they were a diffent breed fo Republicans BA.  Drasticly.  This is a bad outfit you are running with now.

It's not the President who has this country in the shape it's in.  That has been a long term, very well orchestrated and concerted effort at iupward ncome and wealth redistribuiton that has depended craftfully on those being distributed away from supporting the very parasites that were thining out their blood, all over tangental matters.  Those tangental or periphrial issues aren't going to play this time exactly like they did in '10.  Counnt on that.  And if your party's candiates have trustworthy answers to some of those core problems as you describe, I'll go so far as to guaranee you that they will win.

Now,, Google the whole damned thing and  then do it with don's response to this same post of yours and see if you can come up with who it was that either of us copied and pasted from.

Honored Advisor

It`s like this Bruce(excuse the grittiness) we are fresh meat in the prison and to keep from getting butt raped we need to join a gang. In my case the Aryan Nation(Republicans) and you the pretty blonde went to the Black Panthers(Democrats).  As a subscriber to Soldier of Fortune in the 1980`s the editor Robert K Brown(also on the NRA board) preached about Gun rights groups forming coalitions with other groups for more power ie, Veterans, Taxpayers.  That is about the time both parties got the same coalition idea and went downhill. IMO Democrats did a better job of this coalition idea, however it created all cookie cutter members, for example to get ahead as a Dem you must be pro-choice, pro-gun control, multi-cultural.  I`m rambling, I`m sorry but, what makes me angry about government today is like the estate tax post in farm biz..if they don`t do anything estate tax will go to 55% above $1 million, Don says they`ll raise it...maybe, don`t bet on it.  Obama and Congress should publicly acknowledge this isn`t right and automatically extend the $5 million exemption, pass it and Obama sign it with no bull sh!t, no tacking on unpopular unrelated crap to it ..just pass the God damned extention on it`s own!  This shouldn`t be that tough if they gave a crap about us.

Senior Contributor

Apparently none of these fellows, remember what the farmers faced back then? If they did, they would have to pick another time, because it wasn't pretty. Instead of houses, going on the block, it was farms. Of course, these people are much better, just ask them.

Honored Advisor

Tell me tell you one of my favorite quotes Don "If you have the facts pound the facts, If you have the law pound the law, If you have neither pound the table!"  I`ll be kind, John pounds the table alot.  About OWS, I`m not against them as long as they`re peaceful, they have been co-opted by communists and anti-Semites.  OWS is so vague and ambigous that whatever you say about them can be right or wrong.  At any rate they can morph into something bad if it comes to it ie, 1910`s Russia and 1930`s Germany.  As an individual that`s down on his luck I would say your first resonsiblity is get yourself a job, not pitch a tent in Zoccotti Park. I fear that the bottomline change that OWS really wants is forgivness of their student loan and then they could go about voting for Obama and living the good life.  They can`t comprehend that they should not have went to University in the first place, we are now in a service economy and don`t need that many Masters degrees. When they talk about bringing factories with good wages back then wake me up, they`ll start to get it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Advisor

As my prematurely curmedgeon teenage neice would say..."that was random".

Honored Advisor

GTO, back in the 80`s was the best time to be a farmer if you didn`t have debt.  I know this because Dad was wise enough to have payed his debt off in the 70`s(not a popular thing to do) corn was $2.35 and hogs was 48¢, diesel was 55¢.....but to borrow money it was 18%!  I would go back to the 80`s in a heartbeat, a BTO farmed 1,000 acres, those of us with a strong back and weak mind Smiley Happy had a chance.