cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Ron Paul.

I hope you all watched the repig debate on CNN tonight.  Ron Paul was the one who showed the US in all its naked glory.  He went on to talk about how wrong the foreign policy was and how too much was spent on the military and not enough on defence.  I can recall this little pig saying the same some time ago.  He also touched on how the hundreds of thousands of Iraq people were killed and the americans expected no repercussions. Well thought out Uncle Sam.  Same in Afghanistan. All the others snorted and chortled about freedom and liberty and all the other constitutional waffles.  The Mexican border got a mention and was quickly dropped as it was too hard and expensive.  Its OK to go to another 6 trillion dollar war but you can't keep out a few mexicans, who could be the biggest threat yet to your freedom.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Ron Paul.

I have to give Ron Paul credit for speaking the same message over and over for the past what? 12 years or more? He is not afraid to tell it like he sees it, and not to change his story. I believe he really would deliver what he says, where the others are just saying what the public wants to hear. Is he a credible candidate? I doubt it. Just to honest in his message for most folks. He is fun to listen to in a debate forum like last night, though. Ads some color.  He just wasn't given anywhere near enough air time. Too much time was spent with Romney and that Texas govn. whatshisname.

As far as illegals, as long as big and small businesses use them and abuse them to profit, I don't see that border ever closing up. They are everywhere anymore where hard, tedious manual labour is required. If the company CEO's were jailed whenever illegals were caught in their employ, then that is a good starting point, but that won't happen. 

Highlighted
Advisor

the good thing is he hasn't been "bought off'. Yet. It would appear that he is not under the influence of any special interest groups.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I don't know a lot about Mr Paul, didn't listen to the debate last night, but caught the one last week.

Seems to me that Mr Paul makes a lot of sense, if we could turn back the clock.  I'm afraid he is more of a "I know how things should have been, but I don't know how to fix them". 

I don't think America or the world can just go "cold turkey" if we would pull back to what we should be in the world.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Of course I don't get to see as much as you guys but it was the first time I saw the truth being told about why the problem exists. Now, it would be reasonable to assume they will send him to Siberia for being truthful.  That is not what is wanted by most people.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I think Ron Paul is brutally honest in that he has assessed the reasons for the islamic feelings toward us. Unfortunately most americans cannot accept th painful notion that we ourselves brought the venom towards us. We have historically been the meddling bully in the global sphere. Interfering in political  events around the world trying our best to tip the scales in our favor./ We don't give a **bleep** about advancing democracy around the world as long as we can secure the advantage for our business interests.

Highlighted
Advisor

It's not "our business interests"

large percentage of those blessed 'business interests' are not American, they are the highest paying bidders of the International Cooperate State plutocrats, follow the money. 

Other than wanting to make that point, I agree totally. 

Through out history nations "business interests" have mis-used their Nations military to plunder weaker peoples.  Great Fortunes were Pirated using bloody force, Great Briton as an example, and, the exploitation of Central America and Pacific Islands by British- American food giants. 

The designers of our constitution recognized the dangers of a "Standing Army" and created a decentralized militia divided among the States.   They established a Navy to defend American ports and vessels and by using privateers with letters of marque keeping the federal naval establishment limited.    That's protection was destroyed by "National Emergencies "

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It's Ron Paul's brutal honesty that makes him have a zero chance of being elected. 

Highlighted
Advisor

You believe a Honest man is a loser?

I long ago recognized American voters elect whoever they believe to be the best Liar.

They demand to be lied to and misled like children being fooled by tales of Easter Bunnies and Santa Claus.   It's the result of generations of 'dumbing down'.