cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Rubio and Trump..in the news yesterday

One provided a critical vote.  The other signed it.

Marco says probably too much in it for corps.

Trump says that limiting the SALT deduction might have been a step too far.

Oh, well.....

6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Rubio and Trump..in the news yesterday

(One provided a critical vote.  The other signed it. 

Marco says probably too much in it for corps. 

Trump says that limiting the SALT deduction might have been a step too far. 

Oh, well.....)

Sounds like something called - compromise.

I think the Corporate tax should have been lowered to 25% or the mid 20's, we'll see.

I also hope that Republicans introduce a bill to make the tax cuts permanent, have a little fun with Chuck & Nancy.

Advisor

They’ll need 60 votes to do that, but i’d Haveno objections to them taking a good hard real noisy run at it. 

Oh.  Trump’s signature was a well thought out compromise.  On what?

What it was all about:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-batchelder-kamin-tax-deduction-pass-through-income-201712...

Senior Contributor

(They’ll need 60 votes to do that, but i’d Have no objections to them taking a good hard real noisy run at it.)

That may have sailed, Democrats are the one's complaining that the individual tax cuts aren't permanent and the corporate tax cuts are, bring it to a vote and let the D's "put their money where their mouth is", which will get Chuck & Nancy stuttering away.

Advisor

The complaint is that the leadership didn’t write them in as permanent.  Wouldn’t have gotten the GOP votes if they had, and you know that, but disingeniousity is a disease not easily cured.

There was a vote.  The Democrats cast theirs. No, to the Senator. Are you saying that if the bill would only have been worse that then they would have voted for it?

Senior Contributor

(The complaint is that the leadership didn’t write them in as permanent.  Wouldn’t have gotten the GOP votes if they had, and you know that, but disingeniousity is a disease not easily cured.

There was a vote.  The Democrats cast theirs. No, to the Senator. Are you saying that if the bill would only have been worse that then they would have voted for it?)

The leadership did not include permanent individual tax cuts because it would require 60 votes, Schumer & Pelosi instructed their sheep to vote no, the sheep agreed, and thus the leadership completed the tax reform w/o D's.  Then the disingenuous Schumer & Pelosi started whining that the individual tax cuts are not permanent.

Advisor

I’m not certain of what the process will be when it is legislatively re-addressed. Will it take 60 to change or rescind any parts of it. 

It will probably come up now and then in the next couple of cycles. The damned thing is a total abortion. The killer for the GOP will be that it will be cited as a primary reason for killing entitlements. A real bust for individual proprietor farmer interests as before major entitlement cuts are addressed a cornucopia of direct, publicly unpopular benefits will be eviscerated.  BTW, you can call the AFBF and thank them for that when it happens They are the face of farmers with the GOP in DC. 

It becomes more mystifying by the day the day how these goofballs actually had to have thought it was all going to stay in the shade.