cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Rubio

what has been the average margin of victory or defeat in presidential elections since, and includking the 2000 supreme court intervention?

and you think 10% angry voters don't make a difference?

JEB is no dummy....he knows what it takes to win, or his handlers do.

Should actually be a pretty good race with Jeb vs. Hillary.

No one will win ...just one will end up losing along with the rest of the general population.

And back on the ACA.....I do know simple economics pretty well, and will be awfully surpised if some type of black market healthcare doesn't develop if the ACA isn't repealed. If I pay $25000 and get $25000 of value, I am fine with that.....however if I pay $25000 and get something that really is worth $10000, I have a problem. So whether it is an expansion of the church plans, cash plans, or something else, .....something will develop.

I don't make enough to be subject to most of the add on taxes to fund the ACA, but it does seem like a pretty convuluted way to end up basically where we were before it started, with the notable exception that AIDS patients are now bankrupting the healthcare plans as their expenses become part of the general pool.

Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

There are a lot of gullible people out there who are going to be VERY POd if the ACA is canned if the repubs get full control.

Not those whose policies were canceled because they did not meet the Obama care mandates and the rates tripled for the replacement policies.

Veteran Advisor

You know something hot shot, no matter what you pay with insurance, it is all a loss if you never use it.  So if you pay $25000 and only use $10000 of value, you still lost $15000.  I pay about $1500 a year for my vehicle.  The only claims I have had in the past 3 years is a windshield.  Did I get $4500 value out of it?  NO!!

Veteran Advisor

just enjoy the oatmeal Hairy and leave the economic thinking to others.

Senior Contributor

free market iniatives is what has created healthcare that ony a few can afford. There absolutely is no incentives to keep prices low. If obama had put on price controls you would have screamed to end about price controls. Doctors like you  and I try to exact as much profit out of their business as you and I do.

What makes you think that competition will drive prices lower? Has it done so on cars tractor of farm equipment. Health care is a bit dfferent from your choice of a 4020 or a 9400 T. Not everyone can afford the latter and some struggle to buy a red one. BUt none the less they don't die if they can't afford a tractor. Yet you don't mind the tax incentives that help you buy one.

And hard working americans pay a higher rate in taxes than does lazy assed investors. Yet you think it is criminal if we make Mitt pay a few percentage points more. The words of a hero worshiping businessman and a highly critical opinion of those that actually do the work. Evidently that raises your self worth to deny the contribution of those that have less.

You would probably move in the circle of plantation owners and praise him for being a job creator when he pays his slaves nothing. And you would deny the black the vote because he don't pay taxes. Yep you were just born 180 years too late

Senior Contributor

Why blame obama for higher rates. Insurance companies have been raising rates long before ACA came on the scene. 20 years ago

Insurance companies were asking outrageous rates in order to make insurance unaffordable for people with health issues. That sir is free market capitalism and howit works in the real world.

Advisor

I don't have time to count all the questionable and provably false conservative economic shibboleths that you've referenced.

Honored Advisor

Obamacare promised a cut of $2500 in health insurance premiums and you could keep your doctor...well everyone`s premiums are going through the roof and no one can "keep their doctor".   What was the purpose of Obamacare again?  To mess healthcare up even more?

The hardup clowns that are getting free healthcare aren`t getting anything that they didn`t have before, they`d show up at the ER and let the hospital eat the bill, they still do.

The not so hardup clowns are now forced to buy insurance or pay higher and higher penalties.  Unless you on Medicare presently and a little deaf, dumb and blind I don`t know who is happy with Obamacare.

Senior Contributor

The cost of Mexican health care will drive down costs here as soon as ACA is gone.

Advisor

Time out must be over,...?