cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Rush made the top ten in Yahoo news this morning

I have not heard Mr. Limbaugh live for quite some time, and only see his words of wisdom when someone else picks up on him and posts it here, or the media gets everything in a knot and writes an article on him, like when he was on drugs last summer and said that stuff about some inconsequential 31 year old slacker.

But what he said about Mr. Clinton echoes what some of the people that are in love with the big dog posted on here:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rush-limbaugh-clinton-speech-dnc-obama-195313751--election.html

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rush-limbaugh-clinton-speech-dnc-obama-195313751--election.html

Limbaugh, who admitted he didn't watch Clinton's entire speech ("I got bored"), tried to calm conservatives who were "panicked" that the former president might give President Barack Obama a bounce in the polls:

I don't know how many of you are panicked because you think Clinton did well last night, but you have to keep in mind, the Democratic Party and the media all wish they were sleeping with Clinton. There is a slave-ish, irrational, love-like attachment to this guy that is irrational, and it's not rooted in reality.

I don't think he helped Obama at all last night. You know, Obama's waiting backstage to come out and accept accolades and stand in the great light of Bill Clinton, and what did Clinton do? Make him wait 'til 11:30, when the football game is at its most exciting.

14 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Rush made the top ten in Yahoo news this morning

Hi Red, this election is going to tell us just exactly how far gone this country really is.  One pndit discribed the race as "on a good day Romney is even with Obama, but on a bad day Romey is behind 3 or 4".  This election has many aspects that make it hard to get a accurate poll, when the curtain is pulled on November 6th and in that privacy, there may very well be surprises.  The electoral numbers are a whole nother can of worms, Romney may find himself in 2000 Al Gore`s shoes.  I hear Romney is back peddling a little on the repeal of all parts of Obamacare, that tells me that his internal polling says that he has to do that to get elected, hense "This Romney is the best person at this time that can be elected president given this electorate".  There simply are too many that have figured out how to steal/vote their way into the taxpayer`s backpocket.  Republicans will never be able to compete with throwing "free" money to the masses.  Maybe the smart people had an auction on their land last week and parked their money in a Swiss bank or Cayman Islands and figured a way to bug-out.  It`s damned stupid to work your ass off in this country and just wait around to have the fruits of your labor stolen from you and your family.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Its not a secret that capital has wings, and will go to the countries that have the best long term prospects. A solid repudiation of Obama/Biden/Pepsicola/Reid, et al, and we may see a burst of pent up factory building in the USA and growth that may save us yet. A vote for four more years of the same lameness and we might as well flush the toilet.

And what is so sad is that even the liberlas understand this, but are so self serving that they don't care. I don't think there is any debate over which policies will save the USA and which are going to keep ruining us, but the voting is a whole different ballgame. When people without any skin in the game get to vote, all hope is lost.

Advisor

What you just explained, almost as well as Clinton 'splained what he 'splained the other night is that in as far as buiding stuff and investing and that money sitting around etc. etc. that it doesn't make any difference which party.  The financialization mafiosa just wants to be sure that nobody messes with their sh!t and ways of doing it.

So the election becomes about social and cultural issues and matters of public policy towards the poor, infirm and weak and oter losers.  The oligarchs that are created by the bipartisan permanent government that leaves them alone, unless it for purposes fo infusing capital into them, are prefectly fine with the govt. helping out with nourishing and preening consumers of all income levels,  In fact need them to, and are willing to pay for it.

In the meantime, we get characters like Red the Charlie Koch wannabee and 3020 Snatorum and BA Ryan.  News flash guys......those heroes of yours really don't mind all the stuff that they've got you believing they stand against.  What they need you for is to keep providing political support to the blocking of genuine fundamental and structural change in policies and systems.  What's happening inside your particlular ant hill means squat to them.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I don`t necessarily disagree with you Bruce, however you`re implying through omission that Obama is somehow not a oligarch.  To over simplify it, one oligarch Romney likes guns and God but isn`t too wild about gays, where the other oligarch Obama likes gays but isn`t too wild about God and guns. Let`s say someone, certainly not me owns 800 acres of $10,000 land, $1 million in machinery, a few bucks in the bank and his "1040" shows that he consistantly makes over $200,000 per year...Should he be worried about a Obama second term?  Should his kids be worried about a confiscatory estate tax if the old man kicks the bucket during a Obama 2nd term?  My top tier best choices for a president would be a combination of Pat Buchana, Ross Perot and Ron Paul, now with what little minute cuts that Romney/Ryan suggest(which would balance the budget in 20yrs) have the masses scared to death...my God my perfect candidate wouldn`t make it out of the starting blocks.   And that is how damned hopeless things are, the kooks just figured out that they out number the guards at the nuthouse.  

Highlighted

Si'.

Just endured a near genocidal, white hot rant on the terrible conspriacy of the leaches against tax payin', job creatin' hard workin' small business.

Never mind that if the government wasn't backfilling $1 trillion of demand annually through deficit spending, there would be much, much less immediate aggregate demand for their output. (substantially less than $1 trillion of the deficit goes to support the poor, btw).

Or that the only hope that a Romney/Ryan administration has is that is will go Reagan and run monumentally larger deficits as a form of closet Keynseianism.

Never mind- it is all the fault of poor people who don't have the good character and habits that the people who have something do.

Highlighted
Advisor

Regarding that comparisom of the 2 alleged "oligarchs" that you make, it's pretty thin soup to compare a born wealthy venture capitalist with a guy who has collected some decent paychecks, book royalties and speaking fees, but I'll give ou that an leave it there.

As for what you say at the end, I do believe we are reaching that tipping point (that school bond issue down at Wells that I believe you alerted us to maybe even?)

Thing is, there isn't anything the "kooks" could have done for it not having been reached, or soon to be.  They've just been livin' their day-to-day, trying to get along.  It's your hypothetical guy at that level, and the most wealthy and powerful at the high end, who were the only ones who had any opportunity, or power for that matter, to do anything to keep it from coming.

But it's not in the general human nature for any degree of universal benevolence or moderation to set in as such a scenario sets up.  At least not in the case of modern Western neo-fuedalism, which is most certianly what has come down in this society.

Your guy is going to have to dig his own moat and build his own watch tower, and stand it.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I guess the comment would be that you should spend some time in places that don't have a functioning economic system and see how the poor, the infirm, and the weak get treated. 5% of a large pie on social spending is a whole lot better than any percentage of a small pie. Maybe you help as many people as Mrs. Steele does...if you do, I commend you. If not, maybe you like to pretend like Mr. Kraft does, that paying the amount due to Caesar takes care of worrying about things like that. Personally, I don't trust the Caesars of the world very much and would rather make my own choices.

Highlighted
Advisor

Lucifer touched on the Keynesian Romney just a couple of days ago:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/09/arms-and-the-mitt/

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Well, lets see, Obama plan for the next 4 years is free birth control, free abortions, higher taxes, and lower carbon levels. I can see why st Paul doesn't want to say anything about the One. Maybe in his next colum he will discuss the great economics of losing $49,000/volt sold.