cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Re: Rush should be taken off the air

for the last time........he made comments to the effect that all of this stuff about hurricane Irma was  "fake",

how he didn't believe the forecast, how they are never stronger than what they say, how the what ever direction

people, just want to hype it up, so they can say it's global warming, and on and on. 

by doing so, he did a disservice to the people in his area, he, himself, give false information, by saying all of that.

This is a very dangerous storm, matter of fact, as I said Rush himself may be in a mandatory evacuation

area......so the question is, will he stay, to prove his point, I doubt it, but if he does, he most likely has some

high ground and very strong building.

he loves to point at others, this time he needs to point at himself.

he must understand, many people, even in this area listen to him (why I don't know, I've tried to several times, but he is so far out

there and then takes off like an airplane, I just can't stand it.  he also used to be quite rude to his callers.  I remember years

ago he started to bad mouth farmers, and I haven't listened to him since)

but these people listen to him, thinking rush is so smart, and he says it will not amount to much, "they" are never right,

etc, therefore people will not get out, etc......and he, in part put their lives in danger....he can try to hid behind the

idea that he is only a radio person.....but the way he builds himself up, that he knows so much.....those in that type of

position and being on the public airwaves, must be judged on a higher level.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Since there is no more gas I guess not too many people were fooled by the El Rushbo. You will have to look for some other books to burn.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

First, I don't think Limbaugh should be taken off the air. He's a windbag and anyone dumb enough to believe him is questionable.

However, I don't get why you make a comparison between three past presidents and Limbaugh? Is it that if you can find someone worse or the same, it's all OK? Were it me defending Mr. Limbaugh, I would simply say that many people become addicted to opiates and originally Limbaugh had an earnest need for them, but it got out of hand. He did tackle his addiction and beat it.

Like you probably guess, I am not a Limbaugh fan, but I won't hold his addiction against him unless he chooses to deride others who have addictions. His views often swerve off the path of honesty and saying a hurricane is fake is plain stupid.

gurly3801539
Advisor

I listen to Rush very very little, but ask yourself does he(and all talk show hosts) really believe what they say or just know how to market themselves?

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

I'm lucky the two main stations I listen to are
Krvn and kfrm and neither carry rush (thank God)
The only one that does is the one I sometimes
Listen to for Weather coverage...but it shows..
If a warning is issued they play it down, saying
They see nothing on THEIR radar
I have to say kfrm does get on your nerves.
The owner is real big on farm leadership.
And everything FB does is great....but then again
FB does buy a lot of air time.

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

The big man turns tail and runs

read this and you will know why I don't listen to the $%^#$#@##%^$#.

I can't believe this, and if you still march behind him.......well I can tell you where you are going.

after all there is out there......he is still right............guess those drugs did more damage to his brain than we thought

www.ibtimes.com/rush-limbaugh-evacuate-florida-after-calling-irma-hoax-2587834

northnd
Senior Contributor

Let me get this straight. Are only liberals who have divorced, had a drug addiction, didn't finish college and have hearing problems worthy of redemption? And you think Trump and Limbaugh sound heartless and need to be censored? Classic hypocrisy.
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

I'm sorry for you north, that you can not read Rush's
Comments

It must be bad that you can not think for yourself
But must have rush do it for you

Understand there are those that believe every
Word rush says, and some of those live in the
Hurricane danger zone...him giving fulse info
Compaired to what the professionals say, and
Then rush runs off himself not urging his
Listener to the same..I find criminal, and
The FCC should look into it. Yes there are
Laws that deal with it
r3020
Senior Advisor

What is sad is you find it criminal.

northnd
Senior Contributor

If it was illegal to state what certain individuals considered falsehoods most everyone would be in prison. Politicians in solitary confinement. Don't really know much about Limbaugh. Don't listen to his program. Your hilarious el cheapo.