cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

SD's Noem just made the ....

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/30/adam-smith-national-guard-deployment-497220

SD governor Noem just made the South Dakota National guard into a private army by financing sending the Guard to the border with billionaire private donations.  She justified it as South Dakota security but by my count, there are at least three states between SD and Mexico and none of those states are calling out the Guard for "security".

This is a terrible precedence, today it's border security, tomorrow it'll be  "here's money, help me subvert an election" or even "help me break somebody's legs".

These trump republican governors running for president are competing for national attention.  First, DeSantis sends Florida State Police to Texas now this foolishness.

4 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: SD's Noem just made the ....

Actually, Florida sent game Wardens

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Sorry, DeSantis called them law enforcement officers

Which I guess they are in a way.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Sorry, DeSantis called them law enforcement officers

Should have sent some power crews to maintain the illusion that “free markets” work?

TX got lucky- they’re in a cool spell.

Maybe they can get some solar and wind in place by next year?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: SD's Noem just made the ....

The border is easy to understand. Trump handed * the most secure border in decades. * undid all of it on day one with EOs. Now the ILLEGAL aliens are pouring over the border by the 100s of 1,000s. Drugs, child sex traffickers, human smugglers, and violent gang thugs are leading the way. The entire country is become more unsecured by the day and ILLEGAL alien crime is raging in every major city. Fentanyl and illegal drugs are poisoning our children. The only answer the dems have is defund the white supremacist racist cops. Thank God the governors are willing to pick up where Trump left off. The dems are doing their best to turn the US into a turd world country and the only thing standing in their way are a few American governors. Very easy for voters to see and understand.