Howard  Schultz  is  making  an  announcement   on  60  minutes  -   - 

Leaning   to  INDEPENDENT   party   run  -    -    - 

Not  Officially  Announcing  yet   -   -   -

Quite  an  interesting  piece   -   -   -  

23 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: STARBUCKS FOR PRESIDENT

I actually mean this in a good way, but he is the epitome of a dork.   I hope he runs as an Independent and being a leftist, he will peel votes away from the crazy train Democrat party.  He must see that Dems have been taken over by 70% taxers which would kill the economy, Schultz is probably running to bring a small amount of business sense to counter the Warren/AOC wing. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

He  mentioned  -  NO  to  Health  Care  -  -  -

Not  like  -  better, cheaper, everyone  -  leaves  me  wonder  where  that  stands ,  in  the  WALL  of  things - ?  oh well , another  Boa$T  statement  -   -   -  

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Granted I just caught a little of him on 60 Minutes, but he was saying that bull crap of "we`re a nation of iiiiimigrants" , so yeah he`s against the wall.  He let`s any ol hardup clowns in the Starbuck`s restrooms...sooo, he`s all for the healthcare crap and minimum wage stuff...and take guns away.

I`m just guessing, but as a successful businessman, Schultz is probably running because he knows what a disaster the high tax rates of Warren and AOC would be to the economy....not many $5 cups of coffee are bought by people laid off because their boss pays the federal government 70 cents of every dollar they earn.   Schultz wants the liberal homosexual stuff, just not the high tax brackets.

Highlighted
Advisor

First, I applaud V-8 289 for taking the initiative and starting his/her own thread instead of just pooping on other threads. Always good to see people make an attempt.

Second, Democrats fear a third party candidacy of any person that is not a fruitloop liberal, and how the votes would peel away from their AOC clone to give Trump an easy win in 2020.

Third, the 70 percent tax is bad enough, couple that with state taxes of 10 to 18 percent in high tax states, and the 3 percent yearly "wealth" tax and we will have economic equality in short order...the 3 percent wealth tax, along with high income tax rates will destroy fortunes in just a few years when you do the math. Google it for a discussion.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I watch snippets of Bill Mahr and assorted liberals and they mention AOC and 70% tax brackets, they act like sliced bread had just been discovered by the 29yr old bartender.  There are some gray hair Libs that might like the social destruction that`s taken place on social issues, but still have enough common sense to know that a 70% fed rate plus a state tax, that 80-100% of every dollar would be confiscated above $10 million....yes, I don`t make $10 million, so "it wouldn`t directly affect me!" however those making over $10 million hire people and if they become disgusted and work only up to the $10 million mark it work very much slow the economy. 

Those tax rates, even if could be implemented and those making that kind of money would work their butts off and willingly give everything over $10 million to the government, that wouldn`t still be enough to solve anything.  Once the $10 million goose is choked, the bar would keep getting lowered to make the scheme work.   After all, "it`s immoral that anyone makes over $100,000....$50,000 nobody neeeeeeeds that much to live, right?" 

Advisor

the liberals that I know seem to gravitate towards "green" jobs.....no, not the environmental type, but bar tending, hair styling, firewood, home constructions (no 1099s) etc.

Dead presidents tell no tales.

So high tax rates don't concern them....get a cash job and then make enough to maximize the EIC etc.

You can do the math, and find out that a $20000 w-2, coupled with another cash cow of the same, is better than six figures after taxation and no free health insurance, no AFDC, etc.

People figure this out pretty quickly...it is not rocket science.

Oh, and never get married...that is a real no no.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

rs - must  be  a  very  interesting  - uninteresting   group  of  folks  -  -  -

Any  idea  what  Independents  do  -  ?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

BA  -  Wondering  if  any  farm  organisations  will  comment  on  this  -  as  they  sure  have   quite   on  the  border  deal  -    -    -

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

What, you have to wonder if the Farm Bureau would be against a 70% tax bracket?   I`m not going out on a limb at all in saying they would fight that with every fiber of their being.