cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Saint Michelle.

Isn't it good. With Michelle Bachman now throwing god into the mix we know the election is in full swing.  She just couldn't resist to ensure that god is mentioned because that is how US politics makes the wavering punters stick to their beliefs.  Mention god and there is another thousand votes.   Now the lucious Sarah only has to follow up with an international prayer and we have all the female godbotherers sown up. 

Now I know you prayer mumblers go down on your knees every day, praying furiously, waving your hands and falling backwards into ponds, etc, and thank the lord for the air you breath but that can now cease.  The two ladies of god can relinguish you all of your duties and take your cause straight to the WH.  What a relief it must be.   Least of all, if Michelle gets the POTUS those pesky earthquakes and floods will be a thing of the past.  What are you all waiting for.  

5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Saint Michelle.

Hey Gough, Michele was just trying to inject a little humour out of the seriousness of out of control spending and a hurricane. I`ve heard common folks making the same observation.  It just shows the desparation on the left at how they have to twist something like that 180° out of context.  What is they say in a Army combat unit `the solider without a sense of humour will get himself and others killed`?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

No.  Don't play this down.  This has happened before in US politics and it is not taken in jest.  She was doing exactly as I suggested and you know that so to cast a humourous shadow on it is to not acknowledge how religion plays a part in your elections.   Why do you think "In god we trust" is printed on your currency and every Pres.  before Obama waffles, at the correct occassions of course,"god bless america".

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Does the mention of God disqualify some one from being President of the United States? Who is the atheist candidate that YOU think WE should support?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You make it sound as though she was ridiculing God by making a joke out of the disaster on the east coast.  Great candidate!

I was in the army a very long time and never heard that one.  I did hear many, many times that a b1tching soldier is a happy soldier.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I thought this was going to be another piece about Mrs. Obama by one of her followers.