cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Veteran Advisor

Re: Same Old Game.

After I read that more carefully it is despicable.

No, he should have raised taxes to paygo on it and if you didn't like paying them then maybe you would have decided to end it rather than turning a bunch of kids into mercenaries to go kick muzzim' boody.

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Who took my Kudo toy away from me!!!!!!!

And nox...you neglect to mention that thee rest of us would get to keep most of the S.S.  he'd paid in on.

(The life insurance benefit  that the little woman would get would be generated by leveraging some other poor schmo's premium 40-60 times, so that would just be so much thin air and wouldn't make a blip on any  ledger.)

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

the obamo tax increases on services and tires really got them rich didnt it surebutt---he will teach them when a dumocrat taxes he taxes from the bottom up every time and then lies about it

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

A 10% surtax would made the war less attractive to many. IN fact those prowar people don't even want to pay for it now.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Why should I who pays taxes on about $24K want to pay more taxes.  The guy who makes less than the level set in the president's plan will pay the same as he has for the last 6-8 years and the guy who makes more than that will see his taxes go up only on the part that is over 250K.  This has been the law of the land and what has it done?  It causes two wars being waged with borrowed money.  The only jobs it created was in the military  and para military.  That is all it will do now.  Kill risk taking?  Give me a break.  They didn't use it to make more jobs.  These guys have not had to pay for their success and they haven't had to pay for the privilege of living in a free enterprise country for the last 6-8 years.  If I were running the show, I would make sure that when the cuts run out or even better when the repubs block it --again like they have most everything else--that every voting American knows who was really behind it--REPUBLICANS.  I believe the middle and lower taxpayers greatly outnumber you rich guys and will then vote all the BLOCKheads out of office.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Yup!

I thought all you rightwingers were of the "shoot, shovel and shut-up" group.  I remember several years ago when they started the farm ID, that is all you guys ever talked about doing if you ever had a sick cow on your place.  Always it is about money!  Why don't you just head on over the ol' mother land and beat the rush.

Samnospam
Advisor

You just have to read the posts here to see what kind of distention the tax code creates.   One of the principals our country was founded on is that all people are treated equally before the law.   That is the reason I've always favored a flat tax, everyone pays the same rate on any type of income.   Enough of politicians gaming the code to benefit their chosen constituency.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

At first glance, that seems to be very fair BUT when you look at it, say a 10% flat rate on everyone.  10% of my income leaves me a whole lot less to work and live on than it does you or Bush or even cheney.  At that point it no longer seems to be fair.  The graduated rate, if they could cut out the BS and the 1000 pages of codes and loopholes would seem to be more fair IMHO.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I do understand it but if I have a $1000 and I spend it downtown at my local stores, it actually helps the economy but if you invest it in some stock, whose economy does it help?  Maybe here somewhat but a lot of the big companies are overseas or the majority stock  holders are overseas and that is where the money goes.  You get a few bucks back each year on that $1000 and you spend it or you put into a savings account.  Not much help.

johnaa
Advisor

Theory that fat cats produce jobs is another big lie, a mantra repeated over and over by the Orwellian flocks.  Reality is when wage slaves get to keep enough of their earnings they spend it and many times invest it into starting a business of their own, if successful employing others---individual intuitive capitalism vs corporatism/fascism, which is another type of statist collectivism--- restricting entry, reducing competition, explotation.   This mantra repeated by the brainwashed is similar to the flat earth mantra mercantilism nurtured.

For an example.----snip--Executives of the top 50 job-cutting firms in the US earned 42 percent more than their peers in 2009, according to a report published by the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS).

As the country's economy continues to struggle, and American workers earn less in weekly wages than they did in the 1970s (adjusted for inflation), executive salaries have remained substantially, disproportionately high. According to the IPS study, "Executive Excess 2010: CEO Pay and the Great Recession," after adjusting for inflation, the average CEO pay in 2009 is more than four times its average from the 1980s and approximately eight times what it was throughout the mid-20th century.

http://www.truth-out.org/study-finds-ceo-salaries-increase-with-layoffs63222