cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Same old stuff

Rommy even uses the same phrases tonight that he did in #2.  Does he have a speech writer or did they just recycle last week's notes?  He also has not learned any manners yet.  He just keeps trying to talk over the president and Bob even when he told to stop.  Someone tell me the difference between "federal loan guarantees"  and "federal aid".  Rommy stated that his statement of "federal loan guarantees" is not "govt assistance".

8 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Same old stuff

@schnurrbart wrote:

Rommy even uses the same phrases tonight that he did in #2.  Does he have a speech writer or did they just recycle last week's notes?  He also has not learned any manners yet.  He just keeps trying to talk over the president and Bob even when he told to stop.  Someone tell me the difference between "federal loan guarantees"  and "federal aid".  Rommy stated that his statement of "federal loan guarantees" is not "govt assistance".

I think federal loan guarantees is when the government back your borrowings but don't hand over any money and federal aid is a grant or loan by the govenment.  Either way, you would have to have a squeeky clean set of books.

Veteran Advisor

Had two sick kids, so didn't get to see the debate. However, in the news later, Hannity said Romney clearly won, and Matthews said Obama ate Romney for lunch, so I'm guessing it was close.
Advisor

Didn't see it either as I was watching baseball and dozed off at 9.  Glad for teh result of that as now the WS will feature the easily best pitching staff in each league.  All I've really seen or heard is a few comments on the radio this morning and what I've read here and they surely don't indicate  that it was going to change any votes, so your evaluation is probably spot on. 

It will be seen as to how it affects the undecideds and that doesn't seem to be more than a couple of % or so from the polling that I've seen.

Now all we've got to look forward to is The Donald's big surprise.  I'm wondering if he's off on his own like the loose cannon that he is, or if he's vetted his bomb with the RNC and the Romney campaign?  I doubt that they see their situation as desperate and would think that they have to see their chances of winning as quite good. 

Senior Contributor

My guess is that Trump's big surprise will more than likely hurt Romney.  I'd venture to guess the Donald has done quite well for himself the past three and a half years much like the rest of the wealthy and priviledged.  I'd guess deep down he really wants Obama to be retained as president much like Wall Street. 

Advisor

That's an interesting take on it.  Gambling and entertainment revenues are falling like a rock all over.  He maybe needs something.

Veteran Advisor

Federal loan guarantees ARE govt assistance though and rommy saidhe never said for govt to assist in any way.  Problem is that NO ONE but the govt would give the auto industry any money so if they followed rommy's plan, there would only be maybe one auto maker left in this country and no where to get parts. And millions more out of work.

Veteran Advisor

(joke)  Maybe the Donald's big surprise, is that it IS his real hair, and Obama is his stylist.

If true, that alone, would be reason not to vote for him.

Senior Contributor

Re: did you miss oablmo butting in on numerous times

seems all the news outlets thinks romeny was the only one who looked like a leader--with obalmos stupid stare and lies he didnt have a chance