cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sarah Palin's Alaska

So are you guys watchin' this? It is on The LEARNING Channel (TLC), so I doubt you know it is on (the learning part probably frightens you)...right now! Seems interesting so far.

32 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Sarah Palin's Alaska

Knapper - that wasn't very nice. There are some very learned people on here, like --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- eh everyone except Mollie?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Apologies offered. I just sort of suspected that many of our esteemed and learned conservative friends might have been too busy watching FOX to have flipped over to TLC.

It was actually a pretty good show and put Palin in a good light. She is an interesting person. I just can't buy her politics. She was in her element in the show. I am miffed that the Palin fans didn't know this was on or have reserved comment if they did watch it. There's always next week.....

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hey Knapper, the show sounded right up my alley, but we don`t have dish/cable. I`ll be glad to talk about the Lovely Miss Sarah though   Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

This guy is a conservative who writes for a very conserative newspaper and he didn't like it.  Even after reading this I'm not sure why:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view/20101115flippin_embarrassing_you_betcha_mama_gri...

I was going to record it and forgot to. He says she's running around in gym shorts. I'd watch that...the woman has really nice  wheels.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The lady has a sense of humor. She climbed a mountain and was real unsure how to get foot and hand holds, but she got to the top and said, "I can see Russia from here, just like on my back porch." She also got in some Momma Grizzly puns around some Alaskan brown bears (which she correctly identified as brown bears). I'll look over that article, but as far as reality shows go, I thought it was pretty good.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Your mute button must not work. LOL

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Now that's the way to campaign for the Presidency--get paid for it rather than paying for it!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Actually, most of them probably think it means "Tender Loving Care" which has to have something to do with gays and therefore, will not watch it.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted

While maintaining my left leanings, Palin is the perfect squalid opportunist.  To parade next to McCain last time gave her the exposure she wanted. Now to take on the big boys will require more than the moose skinning championship ribbon to get her over the line.  The dems are salivating like rabid dogs to get at her when she announces the run. She has nothing but scripted slogans and good looks.  Never in history has those two combined to unseat a president.  She will add some colourful television to the campaign instead of the usual parade of wrinkly dinosaurs who normally only advertise the embalmers work.