cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Sarah Palin's Alaska

Mean and nasty is what I'd see in observing hatred and bigotry, recognizing it for what it was and yet obstufacating matters by not calling it out for what it is and offering up a proxy forgiveness on behalf of a higher power...which essentially serves to sancity the original action.

Senior Contributor

From "View From The Right" at amnation.com:

Questions for Palin supporters

After Bristol Palin had a child out of wedlock two years ago, she became a spokeswoman for an organization that decries illegitimacy. She traveled around the country saying it was a mistake for a woman to go to bed with and conceive a child with a man outside marriage, and that she personally would not have sexual relations with a man again until she was married. She seemed, in short, to be taking on the classic role of the reformed sinner, saying "Don't do what I did."

Yet from the start there were cracks in this front. If Bristol really was a penitent, shouldn't she simply have withdrawn from the public eye and quietly straightened out her life, rather than become a figure on the lecture and tv talk show circuit? For a penitent, she seemed to be enjoying herself far too much. As a result, her verbal message--having a child out of wedlock will damage your life--was contradicted by her real message--having a child out of wedlock leads to stardom and fun. But the contradiction, which I pointed to several times, became much more conspicuous when, with her mother's approval (her father always seems to be irrelevant in these situations), she accepted the invitation to be a contestant on Dancing with the Stars, gave up her job as a dental assistant, and moved from Wasilla to Los Angeles for several months. Now she was becoming an actual star in an entertainment program involving lascivious, sexy dancing.. How could this be seen as compatible with her message that out of wedlock birth leads to personal ruin? Clearly, she was now saying, again, with her mother's enthusiastic blessing, that out of wedlock birth leads to hip-wiggling TV stardom. Bristol says that being on Dancing with the Stars is the most exciting thing she has done in her life. I'm sure it is. But did that make being on the program right--or just the opposite?

However, instead of my making these points and criticizing Sarah Palin and her family again, let me ask the Palin supporters what they think about it: Given Bristol's message that out of wedlock motherhood is a big mistake that will damage one's life, was it right for her to appear on this program, thus making it appear that out of wedlock motherhood is a smart move? And was her mother's support for that decision right? And was it compatible with conservatism?

Advisor

Flowery language for a farmer.  Not sure I understand it.

Advisor

Good point.

Senior Contributor

I'm not a repuby, but you have a good question there. But, considering her dizzy dingbat momma who raised her, I would expect Bristol to act in a disingenous contradictory way and think it was totally correct.

The folks who hired Bristol and paid her expenses to travel around speaking out about her personal experience on having a child out of wedlock can damage your life, should ask her these questions now after one of her hip swinging public dancing performance.

The old saying about being raised by wolves makes one act like one rings true. The whole Palin family is a media circuis act.

I think nothing of her or her mom, and wouldn't go across the street to watch their act.  I saw where bubble gum Sarah is trying to pull some laughs now about how she can see Russia from her doorstep. BIG HAHA ON HER! 

I truely hope the tea baggars run her up for president in 2012. Talk about media fodder. She and her goofaws are all we will hear about.  I wonder what magazines she is reading now?

Senior Contributor

I think Bristol sees an opportunity and is taking it, she might even get a sitcom gig out of the deal. It`d be stupid to move to a van down by the river just because she made one mistake. If you look at athletes like Kobe Bryant, he made Bristol`s mistake look like spilling milk on the floor and he`s back making more money than ever before. We all mess up to one degree or another, it`s how we handle it that determines what kind person we are. All those that vote for Bristol can probably see that she`s humble and working hard.

Senior Contributor

BA, you think this because she IS Bristol Palin. Were it Chelsea Clinton who did the same thing, I wonder what your post would read like?  I don't expect different from you or any of the others. I really don't care what Bristol Palin does and this "lib" is willing to let her do what she wants.

I wrote this post about Palin and her "TV" life, none of which qualifies her in any way politically, but certainly helps her PR, which sadly, also helps her politically. If the conservatives push her to run and the Republicans allow it, they will be making a big mistake which will only gain them four more years of Obama.

Senior Contributor

Bristol's mom had a handicapped child and she choose not to destroy him. Bristol became pregnant while not married and choose not to take the easy way out and abort him. I can't see them as all bad.

Senior Contributor

Honest to Goodness Knapper, I don`t think I ever said anythind bad about Chelsea Clinton. I know back in the day Rush thought she was unattractive, I didn`t agree and thought she would turn into a fine young woman, which she did. I admit I say nasty things about the politicians but I would hope I never attack their private citizen children. Come to think of it I haven`t seen anyone on the rightwing team say anything bad about the kids. You have to admit that the whole Palin family has been attacked unfairly, from Daid Letterman to Bill Maher. If someone doesn`t agree with Miss Sarah, great bring on the issues!!! Even the Mafia leaves the family out of attacks, if the Democrats would just bring their standards up to that of the Mafia...That`d be great! 

Senior Contributor

You didn't get what I was saying. It was a "turn the tables" post, not related to anything you have already said about C. Clinton. I meant had Chelsea Clinton done today exactly what Bristol did (pregnancy, speakin, dancing, etc), I wonder if you would be so understanding and have the same attitude? Maybe you would. You do seem to be fairly honest and not so much a great exaggerate like some. It's easy to lump the thinkers in with the bone heads if you don't try and really read their posts, so for now, I'll call you a thinker.