cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Sarah, Say It Isn't So!!?!

Last evening, as I was cooking some supper.... I had the local TV news on in the background.  I about dropped the pan of hot water when I heard the news person say that Sarah Palin had just endorsed Terry Branstad for the GOP Gubernatorial Primary. "What the #### is with that ??!?"  I was shocked ..... now I can understand her doing a promo for McCain....because of the political unspoken rule.... "You dance with the one who brung ya."..... but Hades, .... she doesn't even know who Branstad is!  How could she.... her kids were in diapers when he was governor of a state 1500 miles from where she was.

This kind of proves that either she is being handled by unsavory people who probably got a chunk of change from the Blue-Blood Country Club RINO supporters of Terry Braindead or she stupidly read some liberal poll results that says that Branstad is gonna win, and just played the odds to pick a "winner".

How she could overlook Bob Vander Plaats is beyond me.  Vander Plaats is 180° from Debt Culver... Branstad is just dem lite.

If she was even thinking about running for president, and Iowa is the first in the nation testing grounds..... she sure chopped herself off at the ankles in this stunt.  Maybe Mark Bell is right, she is a "Not Ready for Prime-Time player".  I hope she gives this more thought and changes her mind.

Here is what others are saying in the Des Moines Register.... (Iowa's liberal rag)....

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2010/06/03/conservatives-unhappy-with-sarah-palin-e...

24 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Sarah, Say It Isn't So!!?!

Maybe Miss Sarah is contemplating of one day becoming a major league umpire, with this bad call Smiley Surprised

Veteran Advisor

That was just a stupid move on her part.  Iowa has a TON of Sarah Palin supporters.... or should I say.....HAD.  She doesn't know Terry Braindead from a hole in the ground......why put her oar into a primary that she doesn't know beans about???

Using the baseball analogy..... she just swung at Third Strike..... I would guess that she is Out, as far as Conservatives are concerned.... at least for consideration for president.

To say that I am disappointed in her decision, is an understatement.

Advisor

Hmmmm...maybe she's Newt Gingrich or Bill Clinton's seperated at birth twin?

She's taken on an advisory team...that can be the kiss of death for a politician if you get the wrong person or people (SEE: Rahm Emanuel).

FWIW, one of her brand new advisors served as Richard Nixon's "Jew counter".

Senior Contributor

co opted

Perhaps the Tea Party movement is being quietly co opted by the Blue Blood Republican party.  Ms. Palin is going where the money is and like so many politicians forgets what got her public acceptance.

I suspect that the old Republican party members not only don't like the Tea Party but believe it's only a temporary movement and believe things will return to "normal."

This upcoming election will find a lot of people that say one thing and do another.  Pretty much like every other election. Perhaps one difference, because the world and country are in such bad shape it might actually cause internal rife the likes of which we've not seen.

Veteran Advisor

Ok, FIll me in...what is a "jew counter", how do you get to be an offiial one, and who was it under Nixon that reached such an attainment?

Advisor

Re: co opted

Good point..."This upcoming election will find a lot of people that say one thing and do another. "

Been that way before. Any number of pollsters and observers said that's what got Clinton elected in 92 ...huge numbers of primarily suburban couples headed off to the polling place with the old man sure he was hauling 2 rock solid GHW Bush votes with him and went back home cancelled out...quite likely never to find out that it had happened in many cases.

I don't think we've got much of an idea of what the conditions on the ground (and in the water for that matter) will be come November. What I am relatively sure of is that more and more people are starting to look a little more closey at corps and the monster banks. Now just what sort of politics will prevail if there is a populist swing remains to be seen, but the populist right that has been crowding the spotlight up 'til now hasn't had very good PR ops.

And you folks on the right are conditionally  right about one thing, and that is if it comes right down to it the popular mainstream media isn't going to do rightist extremism any favors.

Advisor

Senior Contributor

Speaking of Rahm, do you think he is the one that is the "a top Obama associate" that urged yet another "Democratic Senate candidate to accept a federal position rather than challenge the president's preferred nominee." 

While I don't think this is anything new in politics I do have a hard time swallowing what we have been told.  I also don't like the idea of presidents from either party trying to use their influence to persuade certain candidates to drop out so the president's prefer candidate has a better shot at winning.   I think the states should have evey right to decide their own representaives to Congress without outside influence. 

Presidents, as leaders of their parties, "have long had an interest in ensuring that supporters didn't run against each other in contested elections," press secretary Robert Gibbs said. But when it comes to personally persuading a candidate to step aside, he said, Obama "is not aware of the individual circumstances." 

If we are to beleive everything we are told by this adminstration then it appears Obama is not a hands on kind of president and often has no clue on what all is going on.   Sorry I'm not buying that.  I'm still laughing over Holder's assertion that he did not discuss moving KSM's trial with Obama.

Senior Contributor

I'm guessing Palin has seen the polls showing Branstad as the favorite and has decided she wants to back the winner so she can have a freindly governor in Iowa to then scratch her back if she should decide to run in 2012.