cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Sarah, Say It Isn't So!!?!

Dag dag dag...like we told wehav when he brought up sestak for the umpteenth time...like the cop watching trafic at the fender bender investigation........"Move along, nothing to see here."

Senior Contributor

what I find so bizarre

So many of the extremist on the right are a little to the left of the country I lived in in the 50's.

Advisor

Re: what I find so bizarre

According to the political movement you ascribe to the 50s never happened.

The whole world began on January 20, 1981.

Senior Contributor

Not familiar with Branstad but the line she is taking is familiar for any person wanting higher office.  I note a sense of hesitance from Craig to support her now.  Is she still the chosen one?

Advisor

I appreciate your candor. the problem is that iowa really doesn't want a governor and terry is as close as we can get. by all accounts, vander plaats is a good citizen. his biggest problem is that he is from nw ia and not the desmoines or cedar rapids area. maybe mrs' palin is really a blonde??

Senior Contributor

As I have said this type of stuff happens with both parties and I don't think it is anything that will be proven as breaking any laws.  I'm sure you will agree if this was taking place with Bush and Cheney in the White House you would see many Dems trying to make hay out of it and it would be an often repeated story on MSNBC.   The fact that they have someone else doing the asking instead of Obama and that they tell reporters Obama was not involved shows you that the White House itself knows this is not something that reflects badly on the president.  I just wish both parties would keep their hands out state elections.  Go ahead and endorse or donate money but don't try to manipulate the field of candidates.

Senior Advisor

no gough. Milligan has thrown her under the bus. That is the way of the right wing Ideologues. You have to think like them at all times 100%.  

There is no way you can have an independent thought. It's a matter of faith. For Palin to endorse Branstad is the unpardonable sin.  She will be excommunicated now.

Senior Contributor

Milly throwing legs Sarah under the bus? All because she supports Iowa's own ex gov Bumstead or I mean Branstad for another gov run? How two faced of you milly. 

Seriously, I think Terry  Bumstead, or I mean Terry Branstad has lost his marbles running again for gov. But, what the helo, he will split the repubby vote with Vanderhooters or whatever he calls himself, and make an easy win for demo Mr Chet Culver. Go Terry Bumstead!

Senior Contributor

4wd, you do realize when the election takes place after the June primary so it will then be down to just one Repub on the ballot against Culver?  By the way all three Repub candidates still repeatedly beat Culver in the polls in a head to head match up.

Senior Contributor

Of course I realize that. And the job of the primary is to weed out all but one party candidate.

-But, what I said is Bumstead, or I mean Branstad will polarize support away from Vanderhooters, and should The Bum beat out Vanderhooters in June, do you think Iowa chickenhawks like milly will ever vote for him in the election?  I think not, and furthermore he will split out the voters with many staying home rather than voting him in for another proven RHINO govnor performance which he is good at. Thus, giving Chet Culver the win with solid, non fractured Iowa demo support..

-Get the picture now dag?

Go Bumstead, or is it Branstad.