cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Science: abortion increases breast cancer risk

Shouldn't abortion clinic be forced to inform their patients the procedure increases their chances of developing breast cancer later in life?

snip-

In  the US we are used to abortion advocates claiming that the risk of elective  abortion is relatively trivial, and major medical organizations denying any link  between abortion and breast cancer. Now a powerful new  study from China published last week by Yubei Huang and colleagues suggests  otherwise.  The article, a meta-analysis pooling 36 studies from 14  provinces in China, showed that abortion increased the risk of breast cancer by  44% with one abortion, and 76% and 89% with two and three  abortions.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/12/new_study_from_china_helps_to_prove_the_abortion-breast_cance...

4 Replies
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Science: abortion increases breast cancer risk

So this study of studies determined this 'fact' but I hope you read the last line of the abstract.

"If IA were to be confirmed as a risk factor for breast cancer, high rates of IA in China may contribute to increasing breast cancer rates."

If's and maybe's

I would recommend this site for acurate info

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/moreinformation/is-abortion-linked-to-breast-cancer

When you read your link it is apparent that the author is putting out that old distraction that because their view is not accepted then there is a coverup being forced on everyone.

No suggestion that what they were trying to put out was poor science.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

So this study of studies determined this 'fact' but I hope you read the last line of the abstract.

"If IA were to be confirmed as a risk factor for breast cancer, high rates of IA in China may contribute to increasing breast cancer rates."

If's and maybe's

I would recommend this site for acurate info

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/moreinformation/is-abortion-linked-to-breast-cancer

When you read your link it is apparent that the author is putting out that old distraction that because their view is not accepted then there is a coverup being forced on everyone.

No suggestion that what they were trying to put out was poor science.

I am beginning to understand your scientific beliefs now. The only good science is that which proves liberal causes. All other science is junk science. Well you are correct on one fact, you can twist most science to get any result you want and then if someone disagrees you can label them a denier.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

I did not call anyone a denier in this thread.

I just pointed out the final line in the abstract of the study you linked to and then an observation about the author of the article.

Trying to get an article or study into a program or published journal and when it is turned down for any legitimate reason the ones putting forth the unsubstantiated opinion claim the 'others'  are suppressing the truth or not allowing an opposing 'view' to be made public.

Science does not work that way.

If you have a legitimate well researched position science would be all over it.

If it is not being accepted then there is something missing in the paper/study and it needs to be corrected for a serious look.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Poor old 20 thought his post would go unchallenged. Go for the throat Bill. He hasnt got any wind left in his godbotherering body.