cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Setback for Paul campaign?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/02/ron-paul-republican-jewish-coalition-israel_n_1126326.html

Creates a bit of a conundrm for all of those thumpers who, coming form a centuries old tradition of institutional hatred of Jews,  have been advised by their leadership that the Zionists and the Zionist dictated Isreali government  are their temporarily conventient friends.

Now that so many of them havealso more recently become Monday morning libertarians also in order to curry the (non-forthcoming) favor of  key industrialists and extractors, how does this all square up?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Setback for Paul campaign?

Paul supported an amendment that would have ended all U.S. aid to Israel, along with Egypt, Jordan and Pakistan. The U.S. sends about $3 billion per year to Israel in military aid alone.

Huffy forgot to mention this.

snip-

Asked during the first debate of the 2012 presidential campaign about his concern that Israel will start a war with Iran, U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas shifted the focus to his position that the United States should stop sending money to other countries.

"I don't want any of this foreign aid — Pakistan or anybody else — because the principle is wrong and because it doesn't achieve anything," the Lake Jackson Republican said during the May 5 debate. "If we stopped all the foreign aid, you say, ‘Oh, you're going to hurt Israel.’

But, you know, the Arab and the Muslim nations get twice as much money."

We looked into Paul’s foreign aid comparison.

Result: Seven of the top 11 recipients of foreign aid in 2009 can be described as Arab, Muslim or both: Afghanistan ($8.8 billion in aid), Iraq ($2.3 billion), Egypt ($1.8 billion), Pakistan ($1.8 billion), Sudan ($1.2 billion), the Palestinian territories ($1 billion), and Jordan ($816 million). Together, those entities received $17.7 billion.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2011/may/21/ron-paul/us-rep-ron-paul-says-arab-and-muslim...

Highlighted
Advisor

That was, without the specific numbers was mentioned in the article 30.

Anything to say about the premise of my post? Even if that hadbween neglected in the article it wasn't what I was asking.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

How the he!! can they call it a debate when the sensor those that don't say what they want to hear? Looks like they might have an open spot now that Cain is dropping out so if the RJC wants to try and have any credibility they can still offer the spot to Paul. Hopefully this can actually turn out to be a boost to Paul's campaign. ....

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

That was, without the specific numbers was mentioned in the article 30.

Anything to say about the premise of my post? Even if that hadbween neglected in the article it wasn't what I was asking.

What, that Christians hate the Jews. May be the Minnesota Lutherans do, but I don't know of anyone else. My Lord and Savior is a Jew. He institued the Mass at the last meal He ate, the Pass Over meal. He became my Pass Over sacrifice on the next day when He died to pay the ransom for my sins. Why should I as a Christian hate the Jews?

Highlighted
Advisor

It's to be expected, they been creating attacks for some time?

First and foremost Israel is a big player in the MIC complex, reduced spending on military junk would be a blow to their economy.  A great deal of military aid to Israel is off the books or hidden.  Free aircraft and munitions for example is not included in the figures given.

Enforcing American Laws in  regard to the misuse of military aid is another of their fears, as well as laws intended to prevent Americans financial involvement in crime in other nations.

They have been creating things like animated u-tube videos projecting his ideas as weird and unthinkable, out of step with the zionocane propaganda to instill fear in the minds of their sheeple victims, they often depict RP wearing a tinfoil hat.   They have been attempting to organizing jewish students on American campuses to portray OWS as anti-semitic, which has not been going well for them. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Commentary leading the attack

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/12/commentary-suggests-ron-pauls-heresy-on-israel-support-is-anti-semitic...

Snip--

But Paul’s extremism goes farther than his opting out of the  bipartisan pro-Israel consensus on aid. His view of America’s place in  the world and of its Islamist adversaries — who also desire Israel’s  destruction — is so skewed as to make his views indistinguishable from  those voiced on the extreme left.

Paul’s isolationism is so hard-core that he sees America as a force  for evil in the world and its adversaries, such as al-Qaeda, as being  justified in their determination to fight us. Paul’s perspective is that  of someone who has no quarrel with Islamists who are waging war against  both the U.S. and Israel. Even in the GOP’s presidential debates, Paul  has rationalized the Islamist regime in Iran and voiced opposition to  any effort to stop their drive for nuclear weapons that pose an  existential threat to Israel.

People like Ron Paul have taken the valuable libertarian creed of  opposition to intrusive government and support for individual freedom  and twisted it into a belief system that doesn’t view U.S. security  abroad or the life of a besieged democratic Jewish state as something  Americans should care about.  Far from respecting Israel’s sovereignty,  Paul is willing to watch with complacence as its very existence is  called into question without the U.S. feeling obligated to lift a  finger. His “respect” for Israel is little different from the sentiments  voiced by an earlier generation of isolationists — the “America First”  group — whose admiration of Nazi Germany and indifference to the fate of  the Jews restrained the country’s initial response to both Hitler and  the Holocaust.

...I’m sure there are gatherings of Islamists and anti-Semites where he  would be welcomed with open arms.