cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Sex ed not working.

A progressive immoral society with eventually self destruct.

snip-

In February 2013, CDC published two analyses1,2 that provide an in-depth look at the severe human and economic burden of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in the United States. CDC’s new estimates show that there are about 20 million new infections in the United States each year, costing the American healthcare system nearly $16 billion in direct medical costs alone. America’s youth shoulder a substantial burden of these infections. CDC estimates that half of all new STIs in the country occur among young men and women. In addition, CDC published an overall estimate of the number of prevalent STIs in the nation. Prevalence is the total number of new and existing infections at a given time. CDC’s new data suggest that there are more than 110 million total STIs among men and women across the nation. CDC’s analyses included eight common STIs: chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis B virus (HBV), herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), human papillomavirus (HPV), syphilis, and trichomoniasis.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats/STI-Estimates-Fact-Sheet-Feb-2013.pdf

14 Replies
Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

Re: Sex ed not working.

@r3020 wrote:

A progressive immoral society with eventually self destruct.

Did you happen to note that the majority of those cases were Blacks?

http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats10/minorities.htm

Blacks—In 2010, the overall rate among blacks in the United States was 1,167.5 cases per 100,000, a 4.0% increase from the 2009 rate of 1,122.2 cases per 100,000. The rate of chlamydia among black women was over seven times the rate among white women (1,536.5 and 205.1 per 100,000 women, respectively) (Figure O). The chlamydia rate among black men was almost 11 times the rate among white men (761.8 and 69.9 cases per 100,000 men, respectively).

Chlamydia rates were highest for blacks aged 15–19 and 20–24 years in 2010 (Table 11B). The chlamydia rate among black females aged 15–19 years was 7,719.1 cases per 100,000 women, which was 6.6 times the rate among white females in the same age group (1,172.1). The rate among black women aged 20–24 years was over five times the rate among white women in the same age group (Table 11B).

Similar racial disparities in reported chlamydia rates exist among men. Among males aged 15–19 years, the rate among blacks was 13.1 times the rate among whites (Table 11B). The chlamydia rate among black men aged 20–24 years was almost eight times the rate among white men of the same age group (3,292.5 and 415.4 cases per 100,000 men, respectively).

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

The thing is a few shots of antibiotics will cure them but there is no cure for what ails you!

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

The thing is a few shots of antibiotics will cure them but there is no cure for what ails you!

They are the cause of antibiotic resistance.  Thankfully, they will also be the first to suffer from same.  I on the other hand have never had a venereal disease as I am not irresponsible.

Next time, can you at least try to have a rational, rather than emotional response?

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Why mention the blacks or is it your racist tones just firing up again.

As for posting a "rational" - it would deserve that if you post was not irrational with the inclusion regarding blacks.  We know all that but why single out that race in the heading.  Where would be the proof of antibiotic resistance being placed squarely on the shoulders of the black race. ?

I sometimes wonder how you will re act when you get to the pearly gates.  How will you accept being labelled a bigot, ignorant, racist pig?  Does god accept nuts like you?  If he did, no wonder there are not many wanting to spend eternity with you.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I wasn't talking about your sexual proclivities. I was tslking about your mental unbalance.Your problem will never be cured. Too much big brother influence.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: way to debate crafty

yougetem

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: read you post slower

and tell who is mentally challenged----surely you arent that dumb but go ahead prove it

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Question then

So, you have identified that black people transmit these diseases at a higher rate than whites. OK.

One must ask what is the purpose of that observation or what are any conclusions that could be made from that observation? For dumb people, that means "what are you gettin' at?"

Are you saying that the problem needs to be addressed in a more culturally/race specific manner? I can't rule out that you are not thinking that culture/race is irrelevant in addressing the problem, but then again you have rather specifically chose to show data that indeed associates culture/race with the problem of STI.

Or....am I taking your intention completely wrong and you are simply making a meaningless observation (because there is only one other logical reason you would point this out along race/culture lines it's not very good)?

a regressive dogmatic society will eventually self destruct

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: fear not!.

Even you will figure it out given enough time!