cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Should Trump Run?

Trump was on GMA hinting about running for Prez. He was at least sensibly talking about creating jobs, handling trade deficts and budget deficts. He`s been broke a few times and always came back. He sounds like he knows what America is going through....I don`t know...Here`s a link.

http://shouldtrumprun.com/

11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Should Trump Run?

He just as well. I'm sure he is better qualified than the guy sucking oxygen in the WH right now.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Man oh man, that's a good one considering it's only Thursday.

So, would it be Palin/TrumP, or Trump/Palin???? Personally, I really like Trump/Palin, because not only does it have dual meaning, but can you imagine the cat-fight between the two over first billing?? They both have an ego the size of a mountain!!!!!!!!

But, here we go again. GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CREATE JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT NEVER HAS, NOR WILL IT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing Trump has mastered besides the art of self-promotion, is how to insulate his personal fortune from his business "interests", which in all reality are total failures when he's around to make any decisions. He can't even come near any type of management of the "empire" with his own name on it he's so blasted incompetent!!!!!

We keep playing this trade game with China that they have aptly named "we win". Regardless of what anybody does market wise, they will manipulate their currency so that they come out the winner. If that doesn't work, they just steal the technology, patent, copyright, or whatever and make it counterfeit. They will use every type of idea that you can think of, and some that you don't, to come out on top. Even if they "lose" so to speak, not letting some other country win is still a victory to them. Look at their country and how it is awash in everybody's money, that didn't happen by playing by the rules or fairly.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You`re right about the gov`t not creating jobs, Tom. However the Obama administration has generated uncertainy, which is job killing. I couldn`t personally stand to be in the same room over 2 minutes with Trump, but I could also say that about Obama. Miss Sarah on the other hand, we could go moose hunting all afternoon  Smiley Happy .  Trump kind of talked about going right for China`s throat with tarrifs, George S countered `We need them and have to be nice` Trump said `No, they need US!`, now you don`t hear that straight talk from many politicians today.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Wellcome aboard Time2go2work! nt

NT   Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

True, but he's just saying and doing that to keep himself in the media, which is a form of self-preservation for his stupid show. I guess that it's better than picking some pointless argument with( insert talk show host that thinks he's a big joke HERE) and that being the front story in the media non-stop.

Business uncertainty??????? Hmmmmmmm, it takes the back seat to demand. Remember there are FAR MORE ways to multiply money than by "creating jobs". Take what I do, with construction and rental property, which I sacrifice the price of labor for the bigger goal of the rental property. Which one is more profitable, the one that is heavily dependent upon labor, or the one that literally keeps on giving without labor, because labor is an inefficient use of capital. Why do you think that every manufacturing business has tried to be 100% automated??? Of course, if the labor costs are so minimal(think China, Mexico used to be) then it's really not an issue and often times that labor is considered expendable.

Machines or automation don't suffer from the effects of inflation, or needing time off to go to their kids extracurricular activities. When labor rates were on par with performance or output and inflation wasn't a driving force, or before technology was a factor, there was good value in it. But, because of inflation and rising costs associated with it, automation technology was heavily invested in to replace that labor.

Look at those landscaping companies that are owned and operated by illegal immigrants. Do you think that there is any type of investment into technology to replace them considering how cheap that they are????

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What scares alot of us is Obama`s head of the EPA who`s dusting off books of regulations from the 1970`s and giving them teeth. I have sat across from a banker looking for money once or twice Smiley Happy in my life and no matter how well they know me they always ask "So how are you going to pay me Back?". They usally want a operating statement and they frown on unanswered lines. Bankers do not like uncertainty, Barack Obama has not sat in the hot seat answering those questions, so he just doesn`t get it. If a business doesn`t have a handle on their cost of production ie, taxes, regulations, monetary policy and other things the gov`t controls they will be leery about rehiring. About the landscape business, I`m on the church council and we need trees and bushes removed and replaced, also a sidewalk. Well instead of hiring it done a couple farmers and myself are going to do the work ourselves, in the past it would have been hired. I`m on a farm organization board and we do our own landscaping, just for a chance to get together and show off our toys. I don`t know but maybe other businesses will look at landscaping as a place to cut costs by "volunteering" employees to come in on Saturdays for a fun get together, not so bad when everyone shows up.     

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I'm not in the habit of defending the Obama andminsitration and won't be doing that until some point where I'm convinced that it's not just another "new Democrat" corporatist outfit, which most indications up to know point to it as being....but....how can you blame the basic uncertainty on ANYTHING besides a locked up credit system that is predominated by a corrupt corrupt mortgage and loan system and a Congress that is owned by a handful of key industries who benefi from the people not having access to any of the beneifts that are exclusively accesible to the parties creating the extraction?

What could the adminstration do that would loosen things up and generate economic activity that would allow us to keep debt from expanding, make for the creation of more than just a few million decent jobs and keep communities and institutions viable? 

He's landed in the spot that the next University of Minnesota football coach is going to find himself in.

The real tragedy is that there is most certainly a prepared oppositional response for every even remotely anticipated move he makes. It's become a jhuge cottage industry....set in place by people who's motives are spawned by their social and cultural views...with their economc and govermental and positions being previously non-existent..almost agnostic, if you would. The base opposition has nothing at all to do with the things that you are, basically correctly, saying need to be addressed. In fact, if the base of opposition were indeed as strong in their feelings about them, as I am and you are saying you are, they would have sought the impeachment of the previous occupant.

This new found psuedo-libertarianism on the part of the culture warriors who have taken the Repbulican party hostage and seem more and more as the days go by to be poised to dominate it is a very serious problem that will continue to hold up anything from becoming even vaguely "certain". 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

In my mind, we've always needed a businessman in the White House rather than another lawyer or actor.  I somehow can only imagine how things might be different had Perot been elected so many years ago.  However, I'm not sure Trump is someone I can get behind.  As it's been pointed out, he's basically protected his fortune while bankrupting his companies.  I'm not sure I'd exactly call him a successful businessman.  Federal politics are just like local politics.  Those that could do the best job won't ever run for office because they can make a lot more money doing their own thing.  I have listened to Trump, and I do agree with a lot of what he says.  Over a year ago, he stated we wouldn't see a recovery with $80.00 crude.  In essence, he was saying we wouldn't have a recovery until energy prices fell.  I also agree that the longer we pu$$yfoot around with China the deeper in debt we go as a nation. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

LOL, is it a right wing thing that gives you that uncanny ability to read between some fictitious lines???? Regulations from the 70s, who signed those into law BTW???

Bankers want a ROI for their efforts, and that covers profit, inflation, and displacement cost. Corporate profits are through the roof, mainly because they have streamlined to continue to exist, and the already in place forms of tax avoidance. In a couple of years though, their acts of dumping expenses of labor and unneeded inventory or buildings will begin to show up in their profits. 

Just this year,I employed the most labor from one trade that accounts for 80-85% of total man hours for any given project, and guess how much thought that I gave to tax cuts/breaks/incentives to employ them?????? If you honestly think that businesses actually price in their deductible expenses, that's pretty funny. Some will if they can get away with it, but they will use it to lower their overall bottom line.

BTW, you totally missed the point about automation and where it's applied. I wasn't talking about saving a few bucks at the church or somewhere else, I meant the use of technology to replace people to push a lawnmower, and why it's not actively sought out because illegal immigrant landscaping labor is already dirt cheap.