cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Should we be selling beans to these guys?

Hey Red, more "Trump put puppies in a blender" . 

rsbs
Advisor

hey BA, those good looking crops you saw my way took a bit of a hit this week with over five inches of rain.....lots of drowned out spots which will take some of the glow off of crop prospects for me.

I sold beans for $8.63 on this rally but passed on the $3.21 corn bid, which may look like a bad move in the rear view mirror. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Red, the gurus say they`re bearish on corn, but how often are they right?  Smiley Happy   Your urea certainly got incorporated.  

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

China has been wanting to crack down on Hong Kong for a long time.  

The weakness of our current president internationally, has finally allowed them to do so, knowing that the International community would not come to Hong Kong’s aid.

You don’t want trade with China, you’ll probably get your wish, and all that comes with it.   China has played Trump like a fiddle, just like the rest of the worlds leaders have.  As bad as Trump has been nationally, he has been far worse on the international stage.

It will take years internationally, to undo the damage from Trump - if ever.   Trump’s “Trade wars are easy to win” has proven just how poor a negotiator he is.  The “GREAT” agreement he made with China isn’t worth the ink it was drawn up with.  It’s a worthless agreement to American farmers, and now the rest of America is saddled with the bill for that too.

Yeah - the president you guys helped elect is really something alright....but he t r r r i i i e e e d......

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.... 

Jen

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Biden says he`ll be even tougher on China than Trump has.....if, Biden is telling the truth (he isn`t, can`t win the election without lying) it doesn`t sound like we`ll be selling many beans to China, even with a butt kissing Biden.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-trump-quit-praising-xi-to-feud-over-who-d-be-tougher-o...  

snip

Biden has called Xi a “thug” and said during a Democratic primary debate that the Chinese leader doesn’t have a democratic “bone in his body,” citing Beijing’s treatment of detained Muslim Uighurs and its moves to exercise greater control of Hong Kong.

“We’ve got to make it clear: They must play by the rules,” the former vice president said Feb. 25.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Like I said 4 years ago - markets, once lost, take a long time to come back, if ever.

You farmers ARE going to see the IF EVER part.  How is America going to be able to continue farmer welfare, when the cupboards are bare?

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.....

Jen

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Running a $400 Billion trade deficit with China for the "opportunity" to sell them maybe $10 Billion in below cost of production soybeans was never a good deal.   I`ll let these guys take it from here

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Then, maybe the US needed to stop buying from China.  But, you knew you weren't going to be able to stop that - and still haven't.

China is paying to tariffs - another lie by Trump.  Americans are paying the tariffs assigned by Trump - and are still buying the Chinese stuff, because WE STILL CAN'T PRODUCE THESE ITEMS CHEAPER THAN WHAT WE CAN GET ELSEWHERE.

Same for crops - farmers won't buy the supplies they need from the highest cost producer.  They buy it from the lowest.  If they need soybeans to feed their flock, they have no qualms about importing it from Brazil, if they are cheaper.

That's where your continued argument always falls flat BA - and no one ever challenges you on it.  Well I am....right now.   You are as wrong on this, as you are on the virus.

How many deaths are you responsible for now BA - you and your little cult?

Republicans can't win an election, without lying....

Jen 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

There is "social costs" ie welfare, LACK of income tax income from Living Wage jobs when you move factories from the US into a communist slave labor nation.   Therefore if you choose to buy the $5 China produced shirt over the $15 US shirt, the foolish consumer doing so SHOULD pay MUCH MORE through the form of a tariff.  Because as it is, foreign slave labor produces our Walmart junk, our factories have been shuttered 25 years now and the US taxpayer (the half of us that owe income taxes) pickup the tab for the under-employed US employees.  

Of course US consumers pay tariffs, as it should be, make the sinners pay!   Everybody buying crap from the Dollar Store should share the EXPENSE, not be rewarded with cheap goods.

rsbs
Advisor

Good post BA, and spot on.

Cheap chinese junk costs a lot more in the long run.