cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Sign of good times and success

I seem to remember someone claiming the rising stock market was all because of him and was a sign of good things to come.

So why is this happening and what does it show about your dear leaders ability to improve your country?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/markets-tariffs-trade-stocks-1.4589493

North American markets closed significantly lower on Friday, failing to bounce back from steep losses this week as concerns about the start of a potential global trade war between the world's two biggest economies intensified selling in the final hour of trading. 

In New York, the Dow Jones industrial average lost 1.8 per cent or 425 points to 23,533, while the broader S&P 500 index fell 2.1 per cent to 2,588 points.

The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite ended lower by 2.4 per cent to 6,993 points.

The losses for the week were even larger with the Dow losing 5.7 per cent, the S&P 500 down almost six per cent, while the Nasdaq plunged 6.5 per cent.

All three benchmark indexes saw their biggest weekly percentage decline since January 2016. 

2 Replies
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Sign of good times and success

I know nothing about the stock market, Canuck. But I slept in a Holiday Express 10 yrs. ago! What I have been hearing that this is just a correction? The only correction this country needs is less Trump! The sooner the better!

basset&co
Senior Contributor

Re: Sign of good times and success

You wouldn't have anything to talk about if Hillary had won!   LMAO