cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Silence like a cancer grows

Thought you might like to hear what other countries are reading about the US. Will take a couple of minutes to read but well worth it. http://www.smh.com.au/execute_search.html?text=silence+like+a+cancer+grows&ss=smh.com.au

9 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Silence like a cancer grows

I read all the way through Anne's article and not one mention of the border guard killed by one of the Obama's administration's fast and furious guns. Talk about the sound of silence. That cancer has killed 1,000s of innocent Mexicans and worthless journalist like Anne can't even write a single paragraph on the subject. Nor does she write a single paraghaph on the fraud committed by freddie mack and fannie may and their involvement in the US housing crisis. What an assie looser.

Senior Contributor

You are reading without comprehending.

Why not discuss the issues she did bring up instead of throwing other things in that could be handled in a separate article.

Afraid to tackle her points?

Still silence.

Senior Advisor

The shooting was by a kook bent on killing and could just as easily rammed the crowd with his car. The housing crisis was caused by too much big government picking winners and loosers. Anne is wrong and I disagree with her opinions. Have stated so many times, how is that silence? This is why I support Ron Paul. He is the best chance to give sound to the problems.

Veteran Advisor

Heck, 20, the repub wannabes don't even talk about that!  They are more concerned about religion, abortion (which is never going to be stopped by a repub) and gays taking over the military (which is almost as stupid as thinking a repub will actually try to stop abortion)!  BTW, what is an "assie looser"?

Senior Contributor

One of the most impressive, meaningful paragraphs: ''I stand ready to lead us down a different path where we're lifted up by our desire to succeed, not dragged down by a resentment of success,'' Romney declared last Tuesday. He has not explained what this means in a tanking economy where even the good news is bad. Talking without speaking

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/silence-like-a-cancer-grows-20120113-1pzdt.html#ixzz1jRv80nSm 

The stinking Republicans, HAVE NO CURES! THEY ARE CLUELESS!!  Joe (the liar) Wilson confirmed what the Republicans have in mind! The same failed policies of the Bush bunch! Worthless morons!

Senior Contributor

I hate to break it to Gough and GTO, but there is very little difference between Dem and Repub presidents.  This is something Anne Summers also fails to point out.   She talks about many of Romney's top donors being from Wall Street yet she fails to mention it is the same with Obama.  

She talks about the Gifford's shooting and gun violence in America yet fails to point out how similar Obama is with Repub presidents on this issue.   After the Gifford's shooting Obama talked about making changes in an attempt to lessen the gun violence in the U.S.   Trouble is it appears to be more of the "change" he has promised all along that we never see materialize.

Fact is both Dems and Repubs POTUS tread lightly when it comes to any type of gun control. Both are more worried about upsetting the NRA and fear the risk of losing voters then they are about improving gun safety in the U.S.

Huffington Post

Obama Gun Control Policy: No Action Since Gabrielle Giffords Shooting In Arizona

The White House has yet to take any new steps on gun violence, even though that's what President Barack Obama called for in the wake of the shooting.

The silence from the administration is drawing criticism from gun control activists and even some of Obama's Democratic allies. Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., told the president in a letter last week that the administration "has not shown the leadership to combat gun violence."

It's in keeping with Obama's general stance on gun issues since taking office: Outspoken earlier in his political career in favor of tougher gun measures, he's treaded carefully since becoming president, almost never raising the topic except when asked and offering, at most, tepid support for legislation he once embraced, such as re-enacting a ban on assault weapons.

Advisor

White noise

"..The housing crisis was caused by too much big government picking winners and loosers,..." My God..will it never end?
Senior Advisor

Re: White noise

Not with Romney.

Senior Contributor

I am sorry to alert you to the problems which exist in your country but she is totally correct, it is just you did not want to hear it.  Blathering about how Ron Paul is saving the world will not do one thing.  Stick to your god if you want salvation.