cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Smokers to be forced from HUD

Rjg you are completely eat up with the dumb*****
RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

Re: Smokers to be forced from HUD

maybe........... in naive bizarro never never land.

 

non smoker rates subsidize smoker rates, you can take that to the bank.

 

Now, because of smokers, I have to prove I don't smoke. So the insurance company sends out a phlebotomist and takes a blood sample.  You think that insurance company is only looking for cotinine ??...... sure, they wouldn't check for anything else would they...... maybe genetic markers for cancer, heart disesase, liver disease.......... no, they wouldn't do that....   

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Smokers to be forced from HUD


@RJG640v8 wrote:

maybe........... in naive bizarro never never land.

 

non smoker rates subsidize smoker rates, you can take that to the bank.

 

Now, because of smokers, I have to prove I don't smoke. So the insurance company sends out a phlebotomist and takes a blood sample.  You think that insurance company is only looking for cotinine ??...... sure, they wouldn't check for anything else would they...... maybe genetic markers for cancer, heart disesase, liver disease.......... no, they wouldn't do that....   


I have provided my own insureance my whole life. The smokers rates are always much higher than those for us non smokers. Only one insurance company ever forced us to take a blood test. Smokers pay much more for insurance than non smokers.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

I missed responding

to your B M being next thing to be banned.

 

fine with me, it has been over 20 years since i had one and it will be more time than that before I have one again. They give beef, burgers, and food in general, a bad name. Just my opinion.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: I missed responding


@RJG640v8 wrote:

to your B M being next thing to be banned.

 

fine with me, it has been over 20 years since i had one and it will be more time than that before I have one again. They give beef, burgers, and food in general, a bad name. Just my opinion.


I see you are in favor of discrimination. As long as it against the people you wish to discriminate.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

Re: I missed responding

no, not at all.

 

all of it has been in jest.

 

just pointing out that there are arguments to be made both ways, everything is not as cut and dried as we would like it to be. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: I missed responding


@RJG640v8 wrote:

no, not at all.

 

all of it has been in jest.

 

just pointing out that there are arguments to be made both ways, everything is not as cut and dried as we would like it to be. 


It is to Almighty Big Government. You will comply or you will be cast aside. But it will take your money under penalty of law.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

Re: I missed responding

Big bad gov, I know, heard it all before.

 

so, smoking is legal, and a free choice, why does the insurance companies 

get to pick winners and losers by charging more for what is simply a free choice 

and legal to boot ?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: I missed responding


@RJG640v8 wrote:

Big bad gov, I know, heard it all before.

 

so, smoking is legal, and a free choice, why does the insurance companies 

get to pick winners and losers by charging more for what is simply a free choice 

and legal to boot ?


It's called choice. You can to choose to smoke and pay more for health care or you can choose not to smoke. Non of the government business. Same for drinking. If you turn your liver into a little hunk of pus that's your business, not the concern of government.

 

 

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

Re: Smokers to be forced from HUD

But it is a legal product, does the smoker have much of a choice when it comes to getting that insurance ?

no matter what insurance company they go to, they are going to pay more because of that free, legal choice.

how come the insurance companies get to be the ones picking winners and losers ?