cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Snowstorms in Desert Southwest

You should make sure eddy reads that. He doesn’t know the difference. In reality I suspect that you really don’t believe that the warming of the oceans has an influence on weather nor that many of man’s activities are causing the oceans to warm faster than the past climate changes that you like mention thus. Aiding more severe hurricanes and hot dry weather to be hotter and drier and cold weather to be colder than see normal.
Senior Contributor

(You should make sure eddy reads that. He doesn’t know the difference.)

With questions like that, I could win Jeopardy.

Back in the day a teacher explained it where weather was an inning of a major league baseball game and climate was a full major league season.

Honored Advisor

The climate changes, always has, always will, 7 billion people on the planet and growing with a desire to immigrate to the US and live like Jr on Dallas or Alexis on Dynasty is going to have an effect. I don`t know what the magic number is 8 billion 9 billion? or what until mother earth shakes off 2/3ths of the useless feeders, mother earth has been here 4.5 billion years and will out last anything thrown against her.   Probably the environmental day of reckoning can be held off longest if you keep 90% of the population barefoot and air drop plenty of condoms to them.  

Senior Contributor

schnur proves his own point...

Senior Advisor

If man is changing the climate explain what a normal climate is without man.

Veteran Advisor

Man polluted all over the world. As far as normal without man, I think would have to be years before the Industrial Age hit full stride. Polluted water and air catches and retains heat longer. Heated water gives storms more energy. More energy means stronger and stronger usually means more destruction. Polluted water means less drinkable water in many countries around the world. I’m not going to waste any more time trying to explain this to people whose mind is locked in conservative isolation!
Senior Contributor

BA you ask

So what do you consider a long period of time?

The answer was in you link. and it is not 10,000 years

Climate (from Ancient Greek klima, meaning inclination) is commonly defined as the weather averaged over a long period.[7] The standard averaging period is 30 years,[8] but other periods may be used depending on the purpose. Climate also includes statistics other than the average, such as the magnitudes of day-to-day or year-to-year variations. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) 2001 glossary definition is as follows:

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

So what are you going to do about the 91 new valcanoes decovered under the antarctic ice sheet besides the other 41 valcanoes. that are melting the ice.

Veteran Advisor

Farmer they aren’t melting the ice right now as they are inactive at the moment. They might or might not become active but global warming is affecting the area right now.
Senior Contributor

and a bear chit in the forest, SO was it all man?