cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

So Sam

I think it would be wrong to load the authorities with low grade information while they’re tracking the hard core of the coup plot but I do think they need to be aware of who was present.

I’m certain that there are many thousands who did not cross state lines with intent to riot- most of whom didn’t even riot and were engaged in legal and protected activity.

But they all got suckered into providing cover for an organized coup attempt.

15 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: So Sam

Meant to add that I'm also certain there were many thousands who won't face legal consequences but sorta knew what they were doing.

Honored Advisor

To call that out of hand frat party a "coup"  is ...Smiley Very Happy   laughable, only thing missing was John Belushi.  I`m not saying don`t go after them.  It`s like when the Deputy Sheriff visited our 5th grade and burned a small piece of wet burlap and said "This is what pot smells like, if you smell this when riding in someone`s car get out, because if I pull the car over you`re all in trouble!".   That would also go for breaking in the US Capitol too, when the glass starts getting broken, STOP FOLLOWING that should go without saying to adults. 

Senior Advisor

Predictable, but not true.

There were some very serious players with deadly intent mixed in there.

The weirdo cosplay characters were part of the cover, and need to be dealt with as severly as the law can in regards to garden level trespass, vandalism, illegal entry.

Senior Advisor

Deadly and seditious intent.

Honored Advisor

Let`s say they went further, killed, beatup, took hostage some of congresspeople, what is it that would accomplish or win anyone over?  Even if they fancy themselves as heirs to the Founding Fathers, that was a very bad tactical move.  The colonists didn`t plot to sail to England and kidnap King George at Buckingham palace.

Senior Advisor

"Put your hands on your tush, give it a push.

Don't be surpised you're doing doing the French Mistake!"

You're almost sounding reasonable so you need a quick two step back so you don't get expelled.

Senior Advisor

The thing is multi-faceted.

I doubt that most of the people beating the down cop with flag poles and crutches showed up with that intent- but mobs bring out the worst in people.

Don't know but even wonder the same about the guy who clocked the cop from behind with a fire extinguisher.

But everybody there was intentionally or inadvertantly providing cover for some people with very specific violent, seditous intent.

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

To call that out of hand frat party a "coup"  is ...Smiley Very Happy   laughable, only thing missing was John Belushi.  I`m not saying don`t go after them.  It`s like when the Deputy Sheriff visited our 5th grade and burned a small piece of wet burlap and said "This is what pot smells like, if you smell this when riding in someone`s car get out, because if I pull the car over you`re all in trouble!".   That would also go for breaking in the US Capitol too, when the glass starts getting broken, STOP FOLLOWING that should go without saying to adults. 

I was in a frat in college.  Thanks for reviving my memories BA.  Always had fun breaking into another frat’s house and killing a few of those other frat boys.  

Honored Advisor

There`s hazing incidents where frat boys died and those responsible went to jail.  But this "Dennison toooooold them to attack the capitol and take hostages and tickle them until they let him be president another 4 years"  it`s stupid.  But I understand if it had been a bunch of BLMers storming the Capitol, I`d play it up all it was worth for my side too, except the media wouldn`t be making THIS big of deal of it.

There is a "egg shell" point of law, that everyone`s head is a "egg shell" and if you do something more than would break an egg shell and it results in death, the egg shell breaker is guilty of a degree of manslaughter to be determined in a criminal court of law.   So they are on their own there.