cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

So, is it just me

or does it seem unlikely that your average thieves would be interested in breaking into a house surrounded by police tape, and under massive scrutiny?  

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-11/las-vegas-shooter-fired-special-incendiary-bullets-jet-fuel...

So much about this whole thing is bizarre and surreal.  

9 Replies
Advisor

Re: So, is it just me

If it was a conspiracy involving more than one person then they would have pre-set an explosive device on the fuel tanks in order to make it truly one for the record books.

I meant to ask one of our crowd whether he can get armor piercing incendiary rounds for his .50 Obama Special.

Senior Contributor

I'd assume you can't just walk up to massive jet fuel tanks and stick explosives on them.  If you could you wouldn't need to incendiary rounds now would you?

Honored Advisor

One of the best movies ever made, Shooter is now a tv show on Netflix.  I`m not saying at ALL that Paddock was some kind of "Bob Lee Swagger", however there may be some of the same principles employed.   I just haven`t figured out the "winners and losers" yet, though the Left predictably pushed guncontrol before rigor set in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZVcPhDt-kM

Senior Contributor

I don't have a pet theory to propose or anything of the sort, just think the whole thing is bizarre.   An employee of Paddock spoke of him in very glowing terms,  but tell me how does a person get to be 64 years old and seems to have no opinions on anything?   Maybe he did and they are just not sharing the info, can't say.

Advisor

it’s been surprising to me that there haven’t been comparisons drawn to the disturbed airline co-pilot who locked his partner out of the cockpit and set his plane on auto-pilot to fly into the side of a mountain, on a flight from Barcelona headed for Paris a couple of years ago.

Tough for people to take that there simply may not have been a trail or even a scent.  Or collaborators.

Honored Advisor

The old movie Telefon is perhaps not so farfetched? Someone with a clean slate never so much as a letter to the editor complaining about the neighbor`s barking dogs, gets a call  "...and miles to go before I sleep...".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=altSJMUmmHw

Advisor

Although that hasn't resulted in many people losing their pilots licenses- actually I do think there has been some additional mental health screening for commercial pilots.

That as compared to people losing their bump stocks and then right on down the slippery slope to grandpa's barlow knife.

Veteran Advisor

Why can't you guys for once just accept that some guy decided to go out in a blaze of glory and not some giant leftist conspiracy?
Honored Advisor

That is totally possible, however if he so much as had a Trump lawn sign, the left would exploit it, you being right in the pack with Jennifer etal.