Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: So now it`s tranny cakes?

@RJG640v8 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

Bad comparison RJ. Meatless Friday is totally voluntary. No one is being targeted. Forcing some one to make a cake is a mandate by the federal government forcing some one to preform a service for another.

Cancel culture is shutting down a play about Cinderella because the cast has too many white people in it.

Local Public School Friday Lunch options :

1.Slice of Cheese Pizza 
2.Mr. Fish Sandwich

as a kid , same thing , not voluntary / choice for meat was never an option , always "meatless"

Packed my elementary kid salami this morning.    Try it.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The kid can always take his/her lunch. There is no government mandate. There is no consequence for eating meat. You want to play the victim card when there are no victims.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

The kid can always take his/her lunch. There is no government mandate. There is no consequence for eating meat. You want to play the victim card when there are no victims.

Why should they need to make special arrangments .... 

"There is no government mandate".     So it was all just a bunch of masturbation then,  the other day when victimhood was on display about the Colorado Govs proclamation of a meatless day.   Got it.   Thanks for helping to clear that up.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Where is the vegan option on your menu? No one I know claimed victim hood on the governor's proclamation. All of what I heard it was great marketing tool for meat producers. The trouble starts when there is a mandate.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Where is the vegan option on your menu? No one I know claimed victim hood on the governor's proclamation. All of what I heard it was great marketing tool for meat producers. The trouble starts when there is a mandate.

"Where is the vegan option on your menu?"  good question. the religious class is taken care of, special. In a secular nation...

"The trouble starts when there is a mandate."  Please show the mandate.

proclamation is not a mandate. Proclamations are worth about as much as nothing. It's not law, it's not a mandate. 

"All of what I heard it was great marketing tool for meat producers"  The product is the marketing tool. No need to sully it by using anger and grievance and division to promote it.   If you have to piss people off to get them to be a consumer , well that is messed up. 

As a global average, per capita meat consumption has increased approximately 20 kilograms since 1961; the average person consumed around 43 kilograms of meat in 2014. This increase in per capita meat trends means total meat production has been growing at a much faster rate than the rate of population growth.

r3020
Senior Advisor

He didn't make the proclamation to increase consumption. That is the result of his action because of the back lash.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

So the Catholic Church proclaimed meatless days and that Governor proclaimed a different meatless day. The former is fine but the latter isn’t ok.  Seems like selective cancel culture to me.   Got it.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The Catholic Church is not governor. Their proclamation have no influence over those who choose not to attend. Again you play the victim card when you are not a victim. The cake bakers are victims of those who wish to force mandates onto them with the penalty of law.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

Proclamations are toothless powerless words not backed by law. Whether by a church or a governor. 

You insinuated it was a mandate , or mandatory. Show the mandate. You can’t because there was none.

can of worms opened with the baker and religion in my opinion.

the SCOTUS said he can do as he has done. Ok. Yet that does not stop someone from suing again from a different angle. Thems  the breaks. 

Now however, Christians are open to being rejected for the same reasonings. ie : you are a Christian and due to that I don’t want to sell you a steak. Supporting a ruling that can and probably will be used against Christians. A foolish decision from the standpoint of the long term consequences of establishing a discriminatory precedent based on an individuals moral beliefs. This precedent at some point will open the door to things and decisions that we won’t like, irony of that is , it’s what was demanded. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, in America the Catholic church doesn`t have a say in livestock regulation, but a governor and state government does.  If the legislature is hostile towards farming and ranching, they can keep a new beef processing plant out, manure application regulations, taxes, permits, ect.  You can argue perhaps certain regulations are needed, however a governor that "proclaims" a meatless day probably isn`t a ag friendly politician.

The Democrat party has a vested interest in the "man made climate change" narrative and part & parcel to that in eliminating the 'inefficient consumption of animals for a protein source" ...cows farting creates greenhouse gasses, inefficient use of resources, ect...."it`s not fair that some in the world eat a 16oz ribeye everyday while others only get a handful of rice...it`s not equitable!!!!" ...."Jim Crow!" if you will.