cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: So now it`s tranny cakes?

This really has turned into a most bizarre thread.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Sam, that`s "their" point, they want to distract from defending the indefensible position of a Christian being monetarily forced to abandon his faith.  Yet on "their side" Twitter doesn`t have to serve a orange man who they don`t agree with.   There was a time not all that long ago, the liberal position was a noble one of "I may disagree with you, but I`ll fight to my death your right to say it".  

All these issues these days have incestrious connections.  Stupid people have the right to show up and vote without a ID, a governor that proclaims "Meatless day!".   A guy that raises cattle a few states away can defend that liberal governor by saying "well, Catholics don`t eat meat on Friday, whatabout that? huh whatabout that?".    No one wants to actually have to defend the government almighty that forces a decent bakery to use their skills to celebrate against their wishes lifestyles that are immoral.   I suppose some would justify it by, "I`m not a baker so I don`t care. But what`s the big deal, bake the cake shaped like a penis and collect your $$$$, stop whining!"  and "I`ll grease palms of local politicians, I`ll always be able to sell MY beef, I`ll be alright (and that`s the main thing) Those that can`t jump through the liberal hoops  that I can will go out of business and more $$$$ for me!  That`s the capitalism you all want, isn`t it?  Vote big D!" .    I`m not equipped to unpackage that mindset, but it`s out there. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

If some one refuses to sell me a steak I will go to the next store. The trouble will be if the government forces all stores not to sell me a steak. You want to be a victim when you are not. The cake baker is the victim here because the government can mandate what he must sell. And if he refuses to sell it he will face the penalty of law.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Yes 3020.  I have a few places where I didn`t feel I was treated right and I just shop elsewhere.  If someone wants a gay wedding cake, hell go to Walmart and buy a sheet cake  and buy rainbow sprinkles and some figurines from the toy aisle and place them in sexual positions atop the cake...it ain`t rocket science.  

But what in thee hell is this?? One was beaten with a stupid stick and the other beaten with a ugly stick.

Joe Biden Nominee Rachel Levine Would Be Transgender Assistant Health  Secretary | PEOPLE.com

r3020
Senior Advisor

RJ advocates for the federal government to force cake bakers to become science deniers. Yet immigration laws on the books are being ignored. Same way with existing guns laws. Hunter Biden is above the law. Yet cake bakers are forced to become science deniers. This is the twilight zone.