cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

So what happens now?

Can't control what anybody posts but fwiw, not particularly interested in any of the So's Yo Mama partisan biz.

But objectively, both the Trump and Clinton campaigns are more and more being revealed for what they are- airliners overloaded with baggage that are already losing altitude before they ever even hit cruising level.

So what's in store next for our troubled republic?

15 Replies
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: If all else fails, Revolution.

image.jpeg

hardnox
Advisor

Better get your carrier pigeon routes and such worked out because as of this morning I'm thinking the odds that El Donaldo doesn't make it through the convention are around 30%- approximately the same as Clinton's.

Seems remarkably banal to think that the path to La Revolucion ran through Rush, Ailes, the GOP gerrymandering algo and the likes.

Stranger things have happened. I'm looking forward to seeing you on TV behind Dave Koch with your bandoliers.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: So what happens now?

Just a prediction, so make of it as you will. If trump wins, the rioting that you see will become even more previlent......what else do you do if you're a spoiled brat and used to getting your way the last 8 years? If hillary wins, you'll see a more "passive aggressive" reaction from the job creators...going "galt" if you will.
hardnox
Advisor

Re: So what happens now?

If you've ever read Atlas Shrugged I don't think there can be a better description of spoiled brats than the utopian society in Galt's Gulch.

Of course if you're perfect then everyone else in the planet is just riding on your coattails. Some serious mental issues on display there-and they are apparently quite communicable.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

looks to me like Newt has the bug............ went from openly wanting to be Trump's  VP,  to trashing Trump on the MexIndiana'n  judge deal.

should be an interesting summer.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

And Clinton is having a very difficult time wrapping up the Democratic nomination - and she's the only Democrat in the running.    

The so-called super delegates or paid political insiders (funny that Democrats call these delegates / politicians "super") even gave her a 500 vote lead before the people started voting.

hardnox
Advisor

As I noted, the problem with banking on the fact that Clinton is pretty awful is that Trump is too, actually worse if you measure it by the negatives polled with your fellow citizens.

There will be surprises along the way that I can't predict but I'd surmise that,if left to run its course, Trump's glide path is steeper.

hardnox
Advisor

here's a guy who agrees with you

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/shut_down_the_democratic_national_convention_20160605

Although I'm not at all enthusiastic about the near term prospect of change via a traditional leftist message.

For the life of me I can't really figure out how we're going to get the rich to save themselves ala' FDR.

Back then you had tens of millions of Catholic and Jewish ethnic workers, many millions more of very poor white southerners (who may have been inclined to racism but also didn't want their kids to starve). I don't see where the coalition comes from right now.

A lot of the first two categories have moved up the social scale, in no small part due to the New Deal, but they're at best not real interested in that part of their history. The south, well, a few became car dealers, developers, got a peice of the sun belt property boom or got some education from government institutions. Most are not exactly at the door of abject poverty and they're going to hang onto the sense that their past is a lot more noble than it really was.

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: here's a guy who agrees with you

It all may sound radical, but there is a living proof case of what is described therein sitting on the Governor's desk here in good ol' Blue Minnesota.  A piece in a tax bill that changes over 150. years of funding methods for educational facilities to subsidize those most able to support it.  

Pried in to the Bill by Republicans but didn't run into much opposition from Democrats, who were either somehow convinced that either the salt of the earth was  going to dissolve or they were offered something  in trade.  But as cynically un-Democratic as anything I've seen come out of a legislative body that I can recall.

Hopefully fellow Gopher Stater Red will pop in here and tell us more about it.  He stands to benefit from it considerably.