cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Some hoax, six dead, first 2, then 4, tomorrow what, 8?

Some hoax, six dead, first 2, then 4, tomorrow what, 8?

We can see where this is headed.

12 Replies
freedom1493
Veteran Advisor

Told ya...you wouldn't listen

That's 6 dead out of 18 confirmed infected in Washington State...

...which puts paid to the question of whether China has been releasing real numbers or not, eh?

Blacksandfarmer
Senior Advisor

Re: Some hoax, six dead, first 2, then 4, tomorrow what, 8?

In other news, the CDC estimates 16,000 Americans have died of the flu so far this 2019/2020 season and 280,000 have been hospitalized. Over 100 of those deaths are children. Coronavirus is sensationalism at its best. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

So, what is it that you want, us to panic and vote for Joe Biden in the fall?  Or can we just skip the panic and vote for Joe Biden in the fall?   🙂

wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

@BA Deere wrote:

So, what is it that you want, us to panic and vote for Joe Biden in the fall?  Or can we just skip the panic and vote for Joe Biden in the fall?   🙂

Most likely this fall is Pence or Biden... Pick whoever you like ba Deere. 

Afore is obvious if your Truly paying attention. 

freedom1493
Veteran Advisor

So the Chinese quarantined 700,000,000 people and collapsed their economy over the equivalent of the flu?

Maybe they really did that so they wouldn't have to buy Phase I soybeans.  Smiley Wink

Clever bast........

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: To be honest, I'm more concerned about ....

So, the Chinese made the decision to risk collapsing their economy in order to minimize deaths, and it may be they made the morally right decision.

So, what would you have us do?  Should we not implement draconian measures and accept a "certain" level of mortality?   We're fortunate that the Chinese went first and we've had at least some warning of what to expect and what might be necessary to keep this thing bottled up.

From a corn & bean grower's perspective, what happens when substantial percentages of the population stay home and don't drive?  Gasoline & ethanol consumption will plummet.  What happens when people don't go to grocery stores or restaurants for a few weeks?  Food consumption, especially of things like beef will very likely decline.  Worst yet, when they don't go to work, 50% of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck.  What happens when they miss a couple of paychecks?

I think it's time to at least consider what demand might look like in a few weeks and get prepared for it.

The fact is, politically, the trump administration has no alternative but to attempt to minimize deaths.  

freedom1493
Veteran Advisor

Rick:  You are finally getting it. 

This damn coronavirus is way more than politics and way more than the Flu.

This particular version of coronavirus known as COVID-19 came out of the Wuhan Level 4 BioLab - fact.

It has been reported that instead of destroying experimentally infected animals, the lab personnel sell/sold them into the wet markets in order to make themselves extra money.

And if any of you actually know Chinese people or accessed Chinese reporters' sites, you would know how devastating this virus has been -- whole families have died.

From a doctor at Wuhan Hospital:

"At present, more than 200 employees are infected, including three deputy directors, and one director of the nursing department. The directors of multiple departments are being given ECMO to be maintained; multiple chief physicians are relying on the ventilator, and many front-line doctors have experienced life and death. The Orthopaedics Houhu hospital area was basically annihilated, the emergency department suffered heavy losses, with nearly 20 medics at the oncology department falling... too many to name. Time and time again, we are horrified with broken hearts. We know in our hearts that each of them fell, the next one could be us."

https://www.jenniferzengblog.com/home/wuhan-central-hospitalshedding-blood-like-river-during-coronav...

It's bad...

And NOW China has a locust invasion.

Me and mine are prepared for a quarantine of months to a year.   If nothing comes of it, we don't have to buy anything for a year and will have saved on inflation prices, which will be a win-win.

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Checked the "be prepared.com" website

Mostly sold out of FREEZE dried and mre's food .

One to two month wait list.

Some other sites claim to still have some product.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Covid-19 is the flu...literally the flu.  You don`t hear of 25yr old marathon runners dying from Covid-19, it`s the old goats in the nursing homes, just like all flus.  While the 6 deaths from Covid-19 strain of flu occured 78 deaths from the other strains of flu occured.  This isn`t something to freak out about, unless you`re a old goat in the nursing home, then you have a lot of things to freak out about.  

The Chinese eating their gross foods and their equally gross "wet markets" infected the world with Covid-19 the 100,000 cases and 3,000 deaths, the buck stops in Wuhan China.  Common sense goes so far in these matters, but throw politics into it. You have a segment of the population that doesn`t get their way because of the electoral college and Muller, russia Ukraine doesn`t get their desired results so now "let`s try crashing the economy with Covid-19" ..talk about cut your nose off to spite your face!  Here`s a novel idea convince me why it`s a good idea to give up my Guns and pay more taxes and maybe you`ll win at the ballot box like the Founders provided.