cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Somebody, got hood-winked, and it wasn't the Democrats

@schnurrbart wrote:

don't you mean who gerrymanders the lines?  The only time a district line gets redrawn is to try to ensure that a party wins the "new" district.

That is why elections matter, bub. Get a clue. 3020 is right. This election was a tsunami for the republican party all across the country. Elections matter in the state house and senate also Bart.

Senior Contributor

I find it very ironic that not a single post had a thing in the world to do with what the subject of the post is about. The only reply seems to be "the people have voted, and we have won."  Yes the republicans won because the people didn't like what the democrats have done on many fronts. I think we all understand that.

The point of the post however was that because the republicans won, the people have expectations that they are going to fix this nation's problems and the very first thing they are going to do is fix the deficit by not extending the Bush tax cuts to people making over $250,000. That's 700 billion dollars by most estimates. So we will help the deficit by not paying $700 billion dollars on it. For the slow here, that means you will pay off your crdit card debt by taking a lower salary at work.

That's fine however, we can cut spending, right? That adds up - if you cut income, you have to cut spending. The main spending that I have heard of being cut so far is spending we do not do yet on healthcare. Let's set that aside then. What other spending is being proposed to be cut by the republicans? It has to be a minimum of $700 billion right off the bat to not go in debt at an even higher rate than now.

Remember, it is the REPUBLICANS that are in power, not Wehav, or BA Deere, of Milligan - it is normal, thinking people called republicans that are in charge or at least moving that way. What would NORMAL republicans cut? I'll say it again for the slow....it  is the REPUBLICANS that are the majority, not some ultra right wingers that would just cut Social Security out. Hence, the hoodwink post.

What would you cut?

Veteran Advisor

Not to me.  I couldn't give a crap what happens in Iowa.   I only worry about what happens in Washington.

Senior Contributor

Lets hope as little as possible happens now in Washington. Got to love girdlock. Checks and balances.

Veteran Advisor

Sorry, my little friend but that isn't checks and balances.  

Veteran Advisor

But you probably should. The MN House and Senate both rolled over, most unexpectedly. The re-Ddstricting happens next year. The reults of redistricting are always huge, highly political huge and last 10 years.

Do a google or some other search and take a look at the configuration of the District that Tom Delay represented in Texas. It's a classic example.

Rest assured that the new Republican majority here in Minnesota is working as we speak on trying to find a way to send TWO Michelle Bachmans to  Washingotn in 2012.

Senior Contributor

Sure it is. Keep both parties from stealing.

Senior Contributor

Correct. Elections matter.

Senior Contributor

Knapper, I`ll be brutally honest, this country is in deep shinola. To make the cuts it would take to get out of this mess would be impossible, a party causing that needed pain would be swept out in the next election. If one was to eliminate the USDA as I tongue in cheek said to Hobby you`d increase unemployment. If you cut SS it won`t be pretty, with starving old folks. You`re not going to reduce the defict appreciably in raising taxes, this "ponzi scheme" is based on growth, taxes kill growth. Peter Schiff understands this and America is the loser for not having him as a Senator from Connecticut. Thank goodness we do have Rand and Ron Paul. With all the problems we face the Democrats were brain dead in adding another entitlement of healthcare, it`s like chopping a hole in a already sinking ship. I am Republican because they are clearly the lesser of two evils and our ONLY hope. Here`s a link to Schiff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWsa8OKrKi8 

Senior Contributor

@KNAPPer wrote:

I find it very ironic that not a single post had a thing in the world to do with what the subject of the post is about. The only reply seems to be "the people have voted, and we have won."  Yes the republicans won because the people didn't like what the democrats have done on many fronts. I think we all understand that.

The point of the post however was that because the republicans won, the people have expectations that they are going to fix this nation's problems and the very first thing they are going to do is fix the deficit by not extending the Bush tax cuts to people making over $250,000. That's 700 billion dollars by most estimates. So we will help the deficit by not paying $700 billion dollars on it. For the slow here, that means you will pay off your crdit card debt by taking a lower salary at work.

That's fine however, we can cut spending, right? That adds up - if you cut income, you have to cut spending. The main spending that I have heard of being cut so far is spending we do not do yet on healthcare. Let's set that aside then. What other spending is being proposed to be cut by the republicans? It has to be a minimum of $700 billion right off the bat to not go in debt at an even higher rate than now.

Remember, it is the REPUBLICANS that are in power, not Wehav, or BA Deere, of Milligan - it is normal, thinking people called republicans that are in charge or at least moving that way. What would NORMAL republicans cut? I'll say it again for the slow....it  is the REPUBLICANS that are the majority, not some ultra right wingers that would just cut Social Security out. Hence, the hoodwink post.

What would you cut?

So what you are saying Knapper is the rich do pay taxes. You want them to pay more. 700 billion more. Where is it written that money belongs to the government? Take 700 billion from the job creaters and use it for what? The deficit? Those who will pay the 700 billion did not cause the deficit. It is caused by run away government spending. The problem is not lack of government funding. The problem is too much government. What cuts will you accept?