cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Someone please explain Iowa to me

How can Sen. Ernst who obviously has some redeeming qualities be trailing a political neophyte candidate outside of the margin of error in numerous polls and Dennison still in an (inside the margin) a close race?

Who would be the people who would vote for him but then vote to possibly saddle him with a D Senate majority?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Someone please explain Iowa to me

(How can Sen. Ernst...) 

I don't have an answer for your dopey question, about all I know about Ernst is that she had one of the best political adds for a rural agriculture state ever.  

“I grew up castrating hogs on an Iowa farm, so when I get to Washington, I’ll know how to cut pork.”

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Someone please explain Iowa to me

In my opinion, Iowans like "divided government", we went too many years of Tom canceling out Chuck`s vote and no representation in the US senate, there`s that.  The Tom Steyer crowd threw $100s of millions into Teresa Greenfield`s campaign.  Millennial baby killers in Johnson, Story, Blackhawk & Polk counties are out on their "BLM" high horses.  Most importantly, I don`t believe polls, actually if polls were skewed to show Democrats behind, they might accomplish their goals better.