cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Something else to think about.

A friend of mine applied for nursing home insurance. Rejected for preexisting condition. Diabetes and heart disease. He has got a farm he would like to protect for his heirs.

Do it before you get a preexisting condition. BTW his dad and mother were both in a nursing home for a time and gobbled up everything they had. At $5k per month  times two will gobble up a bunch of money in due time.. BUY it now. It is cheap when you are younger>

3 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Something else to think about.

why dont the heirs cough up the money ---when my grandmother was in a home we paid the bill---the problem now is everyone who BACKED obamo wants some else to pay the bill

Senior Contributor

OL Lie.....do you ever think before you post? or even read ?

Kraft wrote that the gentleman was trying to do the right thing....take out nursing home insurance to protect his family assets. This will help them NOT becomes wards of the state.

A good example of personal responsibilty....but he waited too long.

So he tried to do the Republican thing...the responsible choice.

Now, his next alternative will be to consult a democratic attorney, and find out how to manipulate the medical assistence rules, and retitle his farms, wait the five years, and ...presto.....Uncle Sugar kicks in for the bill.

Senior Advisor

The only point to my message that if you are nearing retirement age that you are possibly destined to nursing home either you or your spouse. The time to get coverage is before your health declines. And that is the best advice I can give to anyone that wants to protect their assets for their children. I have had nursing home insurance for a decade now and I truly hope we never have to submit a claim. My mother has been in for ten years now as the result of a stroke and a fall.  Age 95 now.