cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Something to think about this morning.

Capital Police Officer Brain Sicknick was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher at the hands of a mob attacking members of Congress at the direction of Donald J. Trump and encouraged by Senators Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Marcha Blackburn, Ron Johnson & others.  There is video of Ted Cruz down in Georgia just the other day exhorting people to just this kind of violence.

Nothing that 3030, Sam. Milligan, Edmund, etc. can ever say justifies this or their support for trump, nothing!

10 Replies
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Oh, by the way ....

Rosanne Boyland, the trump supporter who was trampled to death.  Her friend who was with her described how she was knocked down and the crowd literally walked on her as they surged forward, repeatedly crushing her underfoot.

Some people, those trump supporters.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Oh, by the way ....

I don`t know anyone endorsing the Capitol mob riot, many of use compare the double standard of the self-righteous` lack of condemning the BLM riots of last summer.   Look, if you break into a Federal building and especially run past or over the police, you are in the wrong.

There`s questions of (well, those reporting blindly assign blame) to president Trump for inciting the siege of the Capitol.  Perhaps an impeachment trial should take place so all the facts come out as to actually what was said and let the chips fall where they may.  However, there are congresspeople that would`ve voted to impeach Trump every day they`ve served in office, facts or not.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: BA, did you watch the "Conan thing"?

Did you hear what he said about "they went along"?

You're still "going along".    When you say, "voted to impeach every single day, facts or not", you are saying two things.  This isn't the first time trump has done something aggregious, not by a long shot, right from the start trump went down this road. Turns out they were right along.  You just refused to see it.  You're still in denial.

It turns out that willful ignorance is a serious character flaw.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: BA, did you watch the "Conan thing"?

No, what I`m saying is essentially a Black man wouldn`t expect a fair trial by a jury of 12 klan members.   Some congresspeople would politically vote to impeach Trump regardless of facts, simply because of the bias of the voters in their district.  In some districts they would face a primary challenge for not impeaching Trump under any and all circumstances.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Something to think about this morning.

Post the quote where Trump told the crowd to storm the capital building.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Quote:

"We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved," Trump said. "Our country has had enough. We're not going to take it anymore."

Sure sounds like inciting insurrection me, and it must have sounded like that to them because they did, "take it as that".

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Rick, if that`s the new definition of language  "inciting a riot", we really are done.  

r3020
Senior Advisor

Questioning an election is now an impeachable offense. You had no problem when it was fat Stacy Abrams doing the questioning.

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Ba....i would like to thank you for saying that what happened at the capital was wrong.

I feel that trump and his lawyer do have some responsibility in what happened.

Again i thank you for agreement that impeachment hearing should be held, to get to the bottom.

I have to wonder how many here write to get the "maxium responce" and wonder if they are as radical as their posts imply.

So, I have a question to ask, to you and others.

Last few days Ive heard some what I consider unsettling.

First, they say those that overtook the capital were patroits, they did nothing wrong.

They then say on jan 20 they should over run washington.

They say pense is a trader.

They say this country must be taken back....and force is the only way.

They are now threating people body and financial harm to those that dont agree with the.

Is this right ?