cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Sooooo....

Il Duce is going to create "millions of high paying jobs" by stripping all oil, gas and coal regulations.

I guess all those fracked and capped oil and gas wells are going to....what?

You can, I guess, go autarkic and put a tariff on oil imports so as to raise the price. Which would effectively be a tax on Americans in order to produce many, many fewer jobs than that. Oil and gas sector employment is around 175K, down from a high of 200K in 2014.

Ethanol, as enacted, was sort of a tax on food for the same purpose. But it did have an environmental leg to stand on. This not only has none but is unquestionably a big negative.

9 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Sooooo....

60K coal mining jobs. Might go up to 70, tops.

hardnox
Advisor

game theory

While Russia and the gulf arabs would obviously like much higher oil prices, what are the odds that they will cut production so that the US can pump more.

Nil, would be my guess.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: game theory

If you're going to go autarkic and raise domestic oil prices just for jobs, then the obvious answer is to go totally renewable- that creates many more jobs and if you don't care about economics (which really are pretty good in a lot of applications) then it is about as obvious as it comes.

OK boys, throw back a couple Adderals and try to keep your eye on the third shell.

hardnox
Advisor

Let me give you a few clues where the pea may be hidden.

While the claims, agenda and objectives are absurd when subjected to any sort of rational anaysis, that was never the point.

For our next clue, let's accept the fact that none of that matters because, for true RW kooks- who are crawling out of the woodwork as we speak- the global burnup crowd is the greatest threat to their Way of Life and the vanguard of the globalist new world order.

Now as why they would believe that, I'd suggest we follow the money.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I really don`t think you get it Nox, coal mining type jobs are the only employment that is living wage in some regions...that is all they have!  70,000 people employed in Appalachia or out west brings life to these communities...furniture stores, home builders, car dealers, ect move in when the money is being earned and people have it to spend.  Then perhaps small manufacturing companies move in when things get established.  I know these are primarily "red states" and you guys don`t give a crap about them, but it`s our president in now.

Recall energy sec Stephen Chu saying he wanted gas prices to go up so there would be a move to alternative energy?   That was industrial strength stupid, but to me gas going to be cheap for 300 years, now would be a great time to raise the federal and some state fuel taxes.  And if domestic production is higher by a little, it`s still a good idea, it`s less money going out and more people emplyed...less welfare expenses.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/02/chus-europe-gas-price-quip-still-haunts-obama-073138

hardnox
Advisor

Bambi vs. math.

People who are guided by feelings almost always go with Bambi.

hardnox
Advisor

What you feel is that you are very, very special and the most sorely beset of all folk.

Which caused you to go braindead a long time ago and the chances of recovery are null.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Here ya go, feel better, Bambi?

hardnox
Advisor

The funny thing is that there are probably those who think you're mounting a valid argument.

That looks like a surefire hit on the MartyMeter.