cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Special Counsel

Maybe someone can shed some light on this, why did we need a special counsel, and spend $200 million to bring these charges that any US Attorney could have brought?  I thought the special counsel was about Russian Collusion?

Mueller and his team of Democratic donor attorney's will end up milking this for a half billion taxpayer dollars or more.

3 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Special Counsel

A) Congress.could have and should have done the work but the polarization there insured that it would never get off the ground.

B) The Trump Administration appointed the SpeciL Prosecutor. This would be the first time anyone here has found you to not be in full support of it.

C) The kid shouldn’t have lied to the FBI   If he’d come clean the right wing spinners could have hung him out to dry as an over exhubirant neophyte. Was just trying to be a loyal foot soldier, I guess.

Why it can’t stop now:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/robert-muellers-show-strength-quick-and-dirty-analysis

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(A, B, C)

Didn't see an answer to my question.  Like you, I doubt there is a good answer.

bruce MN
Advisor

Sorry. I failed to mention that Trump did fire the one US Attorney who was most certainly going to go after Manafort etal. 

Maybe wished he’d now he hadn’t done that. Who knows