Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Re: Spring Break

r3020
Senior Advisor

Hey Craig, how far apart do you put your line post.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

Five paces, or about 18 feet. I use six and a half foot long T-posts. 

The bottom three wires are 6 inches apart, the top four wires are 8 inches apart. The third wire is electrified. I transfer the voltage via underground double insulated cable under gates. 

I use wire crimp sleeves to permanently fasten all connections. This insures the maximum transfer of voltage through the system. 

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

We have detection equipment better than anything made of our own design. Along with a full array of camera equipment to see exactly what is going on. 

The insulators are designed to last ten years. Swapping out old ones for new is fairly quick. Maybe the next time we will have found some ceramic type that will work. 

rodgersfarms56
Senior Contributor

Good looking fence. I’m taking down a quarter mile of 7 strand high tensile. Couldn’t find a spool of any sort handy so I’m rolling it up by hand running electric tape around it every few rounds. I’m not trying to save it so I’m cutting it every 400 feet or so. I keep the roll between my legs so it doesn’t spring apart to bad. It was a lot more fun putting it up 20 years ago for my sons’ show cattle. This project is kind of depressing. It feels good to get out. I hadn’t taken any nitro all winter but now I realize it’s just because I have been sitting on my a$ s to much.